Catfish?

Kamilah POV

"Bitch pass the blunt! Wtf you staring at?" Ed yelled as he hit my arm. Causing my phone to drop.

"Boy if you don't watch out! Feigning for the weed like you addicted. Chill. And if my phone cracked you cashing out!"

Ed picked up the phone carefully but not before sneaking a peek at the screen.

"I know your ass ain't on tinder!!" He yelled so loud I'm sure our neighbors heard.

"Maaaan here take this blunt and give me my damn phone nosy!" I said as I snatched my phone away.

"Now you know tinder for the freaks who tryna get a quick nut. Don't think you finding love on the internet."

I ignored Ed as I took a bite out of my taco that I'd been waiting to devour.

I continued swiping ignoring Ed's warning. No harm in trying.

I had been single for a while now and I needed someone new in my life. Even if they turned out to only be a friend. My last boyfriend was a loser. Scum of the earth dirt bag who tricked me into believing all of his lies. Had me looking dumb af. No more of that. I had to dig myself out of depression after that relationship but I'm ready now.

I had been swiping what felt like forever! As I swiped I got a notification that I matched with someone. The notification popped up on my screen and I was in awe.

I saw her profile earlier in the week but I gave up thinking we would match

I saw her profile earlier in the week but I gave up thinking we would match. She was gorgeous!

Probably a catfish tho.

I couldn't help but wonder if she was real.

"Aye you think she real?" I asked shoving my phone in Ed's face.

"I hope not for your sake! She a baddie tho!! I think she real. Send her a message fassssst!!" He squealed.

"Naw I'll wait til I'm done eating. Can't seem too eager!"

"You right!" Ed said passing me the doobie

Before I knew it I was fast asleep.