A Chance Encounter

KAMILAH

Kamilah and Edward walked into the liquor store ready to get the night started! There was a big industry party at Atlantic records that her friend Chance told her about. He knew all the music hotshots even though he was an unsigned rapper.

"We doing light or dark tonight?" Ed questioned Kam

"I think I want dark... Maybe some Remy."

"Alright you buy this bottle and I'll get the weed," Ed suggested.

"HELL NO! You owe me since you broke my phone! I'm not paying for a thing tonight!" Kam shouted in the tiny store.

The store owner turned and gave them dirty looks but didn't speak.

"Girl when are you gonna get over that?! Its been a week let me live!"

"I'll let it go tomorrow when my phone gets here! A part of my existence is over and you want me to chill? Boy BYE!" Kam said as she swung her hair in Ed's face and walked up to the cash register with their bottle.

-----------------------------------------

The party was LIIIIIVE!

Everyone was in there K-Michelle, Bruno Mars, Kodak Blak, Wiz Khalifa and sooooo many other people. It was crazy to see all these people in one room.

"Ayyyye you made it!" I heard a familiar voice call out behind me.

"Chancey! Hey boo! Thank you so much for the invite!"

"Of course girl! You just mingle away one of these old head will sign you. Especially since they tryna compete with Interscope now!" Chance said.

"Yeah, I can't believe this gonna be the last Interscope and Atlantic collab. I guess good things don't last forever."

"Yeah, girl. I know. That's why I'm not tryna sign but to each its own. Take your time and find a label that's gonna recognize your talent." Chance advised.

"Bet! Thanks, Chance."

As he walked away I started introducing myself to everyone I could. I was ready to start this life as a performer and I was gonna get it by any means!

.

.

.

"Biiiiitch I am DRUHHHNKKK!" Ed was hanging off of my shoulder breathing too hard on my neck.

"Oh lawwwd okay. We can leave right after this next performance."

"Fine okay!" Ed said finding a seat nearby.

The crowd quieted down as two people came onto the stage. The voice was so angelic and I could tell there was a slight accent in her voice.

Just as the girl started singing Ed pulled me off into a corner so he could puke.

"This nigga" I groaned. As I helped Ed get some water I listened to the voice singing the words,

Oh no she don't, oh no she don't, oh no she

Wondering what's on your mind
If you like the simple type
I ain't stupid, dumb, or blind
Won't sleep in your bed of lies
Heard you met her in the club
Tryna tell me you were drunk
I can still smell her perfume
Nigga I don't fuck with you

The song was so catchy.

As she finished up the song. I tried to walk over so I could catch her coming off the stage but I got lost in the crowd. I didn't even hear her name.

"Maan come on Ed, lets get yo ass home."

I know chapters been short but I'm tryna give yall something every day. I just realized I never gave yall background on Kam and Talia so I'm gonna make a chapter on them real quick.