But all he got was a sweet, gentle, and kind nudge. Slowly peeking his eyes open to look he saw the dragon's eye blink. He was hypnotized by it, it was such a clear crystal blue with an aqua hint. It was clear in color but also fogged with age.

Its color more beautiful than the clearest afternoon sky. But it was anything but happy, it showed years of loneliness and pain. All this dragon wanted to do was meet its end. The boy slowly brought his hand up and placed it on the dragon's snout.

It closed its eyes and started purring. Gracefully the dragon laid down next to the boy. Once laying down it surprised him. The dragon actually spoke.

"Nii lost been ful lingrah fah zu'u lost loost naan company. Ahrk daar aan mere kiir bo los aan surprise ko nimaar.(It has been so long since I have had any company. And that a mere child came is a surprise in itself.)"

The sound of the voice was deep and gravel like almost as if the dragon hadn't spoken for a long long while. But it was undoubtedly female. Even if the boy couldn't understand all of it he was amazed. The dragon seemed amused by his awed face, it gave a smile and a small chuckle. After her chuckle the dragon spoke again.

"Nu would hi fun dovah why losei het goraan gien?(Now would you tell me why you're here young one?)"

Not entirely getting what she said the boy just tilted his head. The dragon seemed to get that he didn't understand so she changed her speech to one he knew.

"I'm sorry child I forget that joor - mortals don't understand my tongue. Let me ask again. Why did you come here?"

The boy now understanding the wondrous creature in front of him spoke to her.

"I'm hiding from my mother."

"Why's that?"

"Because whenever they think I'm asleep they fight and scream at each other. They think I don't know what's happening but I do."

"My that's very horrible for a child so young to know such things."

The boy bowed his head hair covering his eyes as tears wanted to spill from the corners of his eyes. The boy didn't want to cry not in front of such a kind creature only hinted at in legends that where whispered by the older people in his village at the foot of the mountain.

The dragon saw his distress and pushed the boy closer to his body trying to give him comfort that has long since been overdue. The boy hugged her as best as he could but it was mostly just laying on her bent forearm on the cool crystal scales.

The dragon curled around him like a mother wanting to protect her child. After the boy calmed down she looked down at him and spoke.

"My name is Iizstrunkun(Ice Storm Light) but you can call me Isis so it's easier to say."

The boy's tears started to slowly stop. He sniffed and wiped away the remnants of the salt water leaving his body. He then looked up at Isis. When she laid her eyes on him she saw her own magic slowly flowing towards his body and wrapping around him. It surprised her.

No one could handle dragon magic yet her magic was being drawn to this boy. He sniffed again and spoke breaking Isis out of her trance.

"I'm Gray."

Isis smiled at the boy and purred but the sound of something outside made Isis stand at alert and look outside. The storm had ceased for now and the night sky was a black blanket with no stars poking through the dark cover. As Isis moved to look outside and down below to the village.

The sight was shocking. A large monster almost the size of her. Gray came out of the cave after her but he stopped and took in a deep breath at what he saw. The demon was shooting beams out of its mouth and it set everything on fire after the beam spilled out.