Emma stops at a red light and glances at me. "First, we're going to go eat then go back to your house to get ready. I had Mom drop my dress off at your house."

"Okay, sounds good to me," I reply then turn on the radio and place our favorite CD in.

Just like forever ago, or so it seems, we begin to belt out the lyrics to "Stacey's Mom." Emma and I dance around in our seats and sing our hearts out to every song that comes on after that until we decide to hook my phone up to it. In the middle of "Lights Down Low," by MAX, Emma pulls into a Wendy's drive thru.

"What do you want?" she asks.

"Chessburger, frosty, and fries," I say, "And I'm paying."

Rolling her eyes, she repeats my order and gives her before pulling up to the window. I hand her a twenty, and while she pays for it, I get a text.

Ridgey<3:Hey, Beautiful. Are you ready for prom?

I smile before sending a reply.

Me: Yeah, what about you? You're not chickening out on me, are you?

Ridgey<3: Me? Never. It's you I'm worried about.

Me: Never in a million years, Ridgey.

Ridgey<3: You're lucky I love you. I got to go. Oliver is here, and he wants to get ready. See you in a few hours. 😘😘😍😍

Me: See ya. 😘😘

"Was that lover boy?" Emma asks, handing me the food and the frosties.

"Indeed. Oliver is apparently coming tonight," I reply.

Emma laughs, "Good. He's great."

"Yeah, and I hear he has a new boyfriend. Ridge talked about it yesterday. His name is Zander, I think."

"Good for him. He deserves it. Now, let's get home and finish getting ready."

"Sounds good to me."

Braelyn's prom dress and all that good stuff for a reminder: