9-Rewritten

"Lover boy awaits," Emma says as we make my way to our locker.

I look up, and sure enough, Ridge stands by locker...with a rose. I walk up to him. "Hi," he says.

"Um, hi..."

He hands me the rose, and it's blue. "This is for you."

"Thanks. It's beautiful," I say, looking at it.

"So are you," He says.

I laugh, "That's the most cheesy thing you've ever said."

He smiles. "You'll just have to get used to it."

"So, do what do I owe this pleasure?" I ask.

Ridge runs a hand through his hair. "Okay, um, will you go on a date with me? Tonight, I mean."

I smile. "Where to?"

"A movie and ice cream," Ridge replies, blushing a little.

He's cute when he's nervous, I think to myself. I stare at him, studying all of the features I didn't notice before. His eyes are this dark green color that make you want to get lost in them. That jawline of his is incredible, and I know he knows it. He has one dimple in his left cheek that you can only see when he smiles. How could someone possibly be this attractive? Has he always been this attractive? How did I not notice it before? What is going on with me? So many questions, but no an-

"Braelyn?" Ridge asks, snapping me from my thoughts.

"Huh?" I ask, making Emma snort.

"Yes or no?" Ridge asks as a ghost of a smile plays on his lips.

I nod. "Yeah, sure. Okay, I'll go on a date with you."

He smiles. "Great. I'll pick you up at seven," he says, winking.

"Okay, good," I reply, and he walks off.

Emma laughs, "You were staring at him for the longest time!"

"I'm sorry. I was thinking."

"About what?" she asks, leaning against the lockers. She places a hand on her chest, clearing her throat. "His eyes are so beautiful, and that jawline is to die for."

I widen my eyes. "Did I say that out loud?"

Emma burst into a fit of giggles. "No, I...was...just...guessing!" she says between laughs.

I swat her arm. "I hate you at time, you know that?!" I exclaim.

"You love me!" Emma replies.
××××××
At lunch Xavier, Marcus, Emma, and I sit in our usual spot. Emma bluest out that I am going on a date with Ridge, which gets me thrown into an interrogation.

"Why? I thought you hated him," Xavier asks.

"For one, I've never hated anyone before, and for two, he's actually not that bad," I reply, taking a bite of pizza.

"You've known him for a few days!" Xavier exclaims.

"Yeah, and he's not that bad, really," I repeat.

Marcus smiles. "I'm glad you're getting back at there. It's sad knowing that you've haven't dated anyone in what? A year?"

"Shut up," I say.

Emma rolls her eyes. "I hate to say this, Braelyn, but Marcus does have a point. It's been almost a year," she says.

I roll my eyes and lean back against the tree beside Xavier. He angrily begins to sketching, and I raise my eyebrow. "As long as I've known you, I've never seen any of your sketches," I say, changing the subject.

He looks up, closing the book. "They're private. I don't like to share them," he says.

Marcus points at Xavier, "That's true. I haven't either, Braelyn, and I'm his best friend. He doesn't like to show them off."

"You'll have to show me one day," I say, smiling.

Xavier shrugs and says something under his breath. "What?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "I said maybe. Now, if you guys don't mind, I have to turn in my essay to Ms. Briggs. I'll catch up with you guys later," he says, standing up. He grabs his bag then walks off.

I stare after him. He's been so distant lately, and it's beginning to bother me. It's like he's on his man period or something. One minute he's fine, and the next he's angry and leaves. I look at Marcus. "What's his problem lately?" I ask.

He shrugs, but his lip twitches. "I don't know."

"Your lip is twitching, Marcus. What's going on?" I ask. "Xavier has been acting very weird lately, and I don't like it. You're his best friend."

"He l-"

"He's just stressed," Emma cuts in, glaring at Marcus.

"You guys have to tell me one day. Keep that in mind."

They both stay quiet.
××××××
When I get home, I hurry upstairs. I had about three hours to get ready, so I grab my clean clothes and head to the shower. I run into Nick as I walk to the bathroom.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

"Taking a shower, duh," I reply.

"This early?"

"I have a date, dummy," I say.

He looks shocked. "With who?" he asks.

"Well, if it's any of your business, Ridge McCain asked me on a date today, and I said yes. Now, goodbye. I'll see you in a few," I say then hurry to the bathroom.

I take a quick shower then hurry to my room where I spend the next hour picking out an outfit.

Short chapter, I know, but Wattpad wouldn't let me get the old version back....