44

Chris Colfer plays as Oliver now because I'm using Cole Sprouse as another character in another story.

Monday comes too soon, and it begins the countdown to graduation, which is this Saturday. That means Nathan, Nick, and Ridge are going to college in less than a week. I don't know if I should be happy or sad.

I know one thing, though. The school is buzzing with excitement, and everyone can't stop talking about the seniors big day and summer. I honestly am not ready for summer. I want a redo of this year and forget about everything that happened, including the kiss with Xavier. Maybe then my life wouldn't be as messed up as it is.

"Hey, Braelyn," a familiar voice greets, and I freeze. I wasn't planning on hearing that voice today.

Welp, this is going to be awkward...

I shut my locker, and I come face to face with Xavier. What surprises me is that he has a cheery smile on his face. "H-hey, Xavier," I stutter then mentally slap myself.

His smile grows. "Um, are you doing anything this Saturday? Well, after your brothers' graduation party?"

He is trying to ask me out. Oh no. Think, Braelyn. Think.

Or you could just tell him.

I take a deep a breath. "Listen, Xavier, about that kiss-"

"Already forgotten," he says, "I just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out."

Okay, this is weird...

"Sure?" I don't mean for it to come out as a question, but it does. I clear my throat and repeat it more surely.

"Gre-"

"Braelyn, can I talk to you?"

I turn around and find Ridge, and he looks terrible. Dark circles are under his eyes, his hair is messier than usual, and his eyes are bloodshot. I look to Xavier, who has turned rigid. "Just text me later," I say then turn back around to face Ridge.

He nods towards the door. Luckily, my free period just started, so I follow him out. We go to the stadium, and Ridge sits next to me. We sit in silence for a few moments before he speaks. "Braelyn, I can't tell you how sorry I am. I know that I've said this a million times, but I want to get all of this off of my chest before I leave. Br-"

"Leave?" I ask. My world stops, and I stare at Ridge. No, he can't leave.

Braelyn, he's going to college, dummy.

"Yeah, didn't you read the note I left in the envelope?" Ridge asks.

"I haven't opened it," I admit.

He sighs, running a hand through his hair. "I should've figured. Um, I got accepted into Harvard a couple of weeks ago. I leave a week from graduation."

I swallow. Why are so upset? You kicked him out of your life. I clench my fists, trying to get my thoughts together.

"Braelyn, I love you. I never loved anything as much as I love you, and I know I hurt you. When I took that dare, I wasn't thinking of the consequences. I never thought in a million years that I would fall in love with you, but I knew in some way I would hurt you. I didn't think it would be as bad as it was, but I now realize that what I did was unforgivable."

"I already forgave you," I admit, looking at him.

"Then, why haven't you said anything? Why haven't you talked to me?"

I let out a humorless laugh, looking at the football field. "Ridge, just because I forgave you doesn't mean that I'm just going to fall back into your arms."

Ridge nods. "I guess I can understand that. I heard you kissed Xavier."

I snap my head toward him. "How do you know about that?" I ask.

"I didn't, but I do now. June thought something happened, and I overheard her talking to Oliver about it. So, you did kiss him."

I look at my feet. "Ridge, it just happened. I told him to forget about it, and he did. It was a mistake," I say.

"Do you love him?"

I bite my lip, refusing to answer. No way am I going to tell Ridge that I am in love with Xavier, but I'm sure my silence told him everything he needed to know. He sucks in a breath, and I could feel him freeze from how close we were sitting. His leg then begins to bounce.

"I guess I knew all along if I'm being honest," he says, "He loves you, too, you know."

I nod. "I know, Ridge. I kind of realized that as well."

"Are you going to date him?"

"To be honest, I don't know anything anymore. Everything is such a mess right now that I can't figure out which was is up and which way is down."

Ridge grabs my hand, and I don't pull away. "Listen, Braelyn. I just want you to be happy. I'm leaving for college, and you're staying here for another year. I think you should date him even though I hate the thought of you with someone else."

I wipe the tears away that have found their way past my barrier. "Do you think that's the right thing to do?"

"Yes. He's madly in love with you, and it's clear you love him."

"I love you, too," I admit.

Ridge smiles. "I know, and I understand why you don't want to go out with me again," he says.

I nod. "Thank you, Ridge."

He lets go of my hand and kisses my forehead. "Anytime, beautiful. If you ever need anything or if you just want to talk, give me a call, okay?"

"Okay."

He stands up. "Goodbye, Braelyn."

"You're not leaving for college, yet," I laugh.

Ridge nods. "I know, but I doubt we're going to talk anymore this week," he says.

I stand up and wrap my arms around his neck. "I'm sorry, Ridge."

"Me, too, Braelyn," he says then pulls away. He kisses my hand then walks away, and for once, I'm okay with it.