24

An hour later I finally meet the whole family. Ridge and I make our way over to one of the small tables under the pavilion right next to the dance floor. He smiles at me. "My family loves you."

I grin. "I'm glad," I say.

"They're about to start the dancing," he says.

I look up at him. "Dancing?"

Ridge nods. "Yeah, we get to do a bunch of dances. Cha-Cha slide, tango, electric slide, stuff like that."

"Tango?"

"Y-"

Ridge is cut off by the tapping on the microphone. We look at the dance floor where Ridge's older cousin, Leila, stands. "Hello, and welcome to the tenth annual McCain family reunion! We are about to start the dancing, and like every year well have a winner that'll get cheap crowns!"

Everyone laughs at that. Leila smiles. "Yeah, they're both a dollar at the Dollar Tree, so don't freak out if they break. I was broke this year, so yeah. Anyway, everyone grab a partner and get out on the dance floor."

Ridge grabs my hand, and I look at him. "Is this for real?"

He smiles. "Sure is, Cupcake," he says, pulling me onto the floor.

"The judging goes like this: if you're tapped on the shoulder, leave the dance floor. Now, there's going to be one couple out of a lot, and if you're left, congrats. Okay, have fun, and dance your heart out!" Leila finishes.

"Valentine's Dance Tango," by the Twins begins to play. Ridge places his hand on my waist and grabs my free hand in his. Together, we begin to dance. We glide across the dance floor never taking out eyes off of each other. He and I move as one, and I soon just begin to get lost in the music. Song after song comes on, and I move with each one. Ridge and I don't day a word as we dance, and it's a comfortable silence.

Then, finally the music stops. Ridge and I stare at each other, breathing heavily. Claps erupt, and I snap from my trance, looking around. We were one of the last couples. The other couple is June and Oliver, shockingly. Oliver winks at me, smiling, and June just gives me the same neutral look.

"Okay, the last song will be a slow song," Leila says, and "Perfect," by Ed Sheeran starts to play.

Ridge takes me into his arms, and I lean into his embrace. "You're beautiful, you know that?" he says.

"Yeah, right," I say as he spins me around.

He tilts my chin up to him. "You do," He says, and his eyes held so much intensity.

"Thank you," I say.

Ridge grins, and we push ourselves across the dance floor, spinning and waltzing. He lifts me up by the waist, making me wrap a leg around his and the other out, and spins me around. I laugh, and he places me back down. Smiling, he spins me around again and pulls me to him.

I lay my head on his chest, and his arm tightens around my waist. He and I slow dance the rest of the time, spinning and falling right back into each other's arms. When the music stops, Ridge automatically crashes his lips onto mine. When he pulls away, he looks into my eyes.

"I know you want to take it slow, but I'm going to tell you something right now, Braelyn. I'm pretty sure I'm falling for you."

"No, you're not. It's only been three weeks since we started dating," I say. (Yes, I changed the number of weeks...)

Ridge shakes his head. "Yes, I am. Everyday I'm with you is another day I fall for you. Things may be moving faster than you like, but I think it's supposed to be like that. I think I love you, Braelyn Sawyer, and it's okay if you don't say it back. Tell me when you're ready to."

Leila taps on the mic. "Okay, the winners are Braelyn and Ridge!" she says, but I'm too stunned to walk up to her. I just stare at Ridge, comprehending what he just said. He loves me, but how can you love someone after three weeks? Is it even possible?

Ridge pulls me toward Leila, and she places a tacky crown on my head. I snap out of my thoughts, and I look at Ridge, who stares at me with an expression that holds so much emotion. His eyes so much truth. He does love me.

"Another dance?" Ridge asks as everyone files back onto the dance floor.

"Sure," I say, letting him pull me back into his arms.

"Always," by Panic At The Disco begins to play, and everyone takes their significant other into their arms. Ridge and I sway, and then someone taps me on the shoulder.

I turn, and Oliver smiles at me then Ridge. "May I take your date for this song?" he asks.

"Sure, man," Ridge says, handing me over to Oliver. There's no jealousy or anything in his voice.

As if he read my mind, Oliver leans down next to my ear. "I'm gay, so he knows that I won't steal you away. Don't worry."

I laugh, "Okay."

"He loves you, you know," Oliver says, spinning me around.

"How can you love someone after three weeks, though?" I ask.

Oliver merely shrugs. "You just do."

"But that fast?"

He chuckles, "Sometimes. My parents got married after dating for about three months, and I've never heard them argue or be angry with each other. They've been married for sixteen years. They are the definition of love in my book."

I smile. "That sounds sweet," I say.

"As sweet as me slathered in honey."

I snort at that, and Oliver smiles. "That boy over there isn't in the family, and he's hot. I'll catch up later, Braelyn. Keep what I said in mind," he says, dropping my hand.

Another hand grabs mine, and I turn. Ridge grins. "What did he say to you?" he asks, pulling me into his arms.

"Just stuff," I say.

"Stuff about what?"

I smile at Ridge when I see his confused expression. "Just stuff," I repeat.

"Well, there's something I want to show you," he says, pulling me off the dance floor.

"What?"

Ridge looks over his shoulders. "You'll see," he smirks.

#4 in Humor!!!! Oh my goodness. You guys are amazing❤❤