Chapter 18: Paradoxical Emotions

...

Paradoxical Emotions

...

"He didn't inform you?" Estella frowned, glancing around in search for someone.

Ciel just stared at her. The worry and regret just seemed to disappear at a snap. Now, he's furious.

His jaw clenched, he shot her a heated glare. "What are you doing here in his manor? Didn't I make it clear enough for you to wait for me there?" He couldn't figure why he was feeling so angry. Despite himself, more continued flying out from his mouth. "I thought you were captured by them! Is it so difficult to follow an order?" He threw up his hands exasperatedly.

Estella stiffened at the accusation in his eye. Anger pulsing through her body at that, her eyes narrowed at him.

"Funny." She scoffed sardonically. Her voice steady despite the anger that was ready to lash out. "Shouldn't I be the one yelling?"

"What was that supposed to mean, Blancbaston?" Ciel asked icily. Sebastian from behind leaned forward and whispered something into his ears before straightening up again.

Tilting her head with a frown at them, she spoke to answer Ciel's question anyway. "Well, I was-"

"Shut up." The male interrupted her with a pointed look.

His words stung. "What?" She frowned incredulously at him.

But all he did was gave a quick flick of eye at her before turning his attention to something behind her. "Trancy."

As if on cue, an arm fell around her shoulder. "Oh." She turned to its owner to see it was Alois with an excited look on his face. "Ciel, you came!"

"Yes, and we're leaving now." Ciel snapped, turning towards the doors behind him. "Blancbaston, let's go."

"Luka's not leaving." He paused, narrowing his eye in annoyance at the door ahead. He whipped around with a glare to see 'Luka' shooting Alois behind her an annoyed frown. Her back held against the blonde, the arms around her waist tightened possessively as he shot back a dark look at him.

Luka…? His eye darted to and fro at the two.

The glare on his face faltered. "She's not Luka." Ciel deadpanned. He folded his arms across his chest impatiently. "What do you want, Trancy?" He drawled intolerably.

"Tea~" Alois chirped. An excited smile appeared on his face, he finally released Estella who was squirming the whole time.

Ciel grimaced. "No."

"Then Luka's not leaving~" Alois said with a lopsided smirk, resting an arm on Estella's shoulder which earned himself a glare from its owner.

Ciel shot an unimpressed raised eyebrow at him. He scoffed. "We shall see." Narrowing his eye at them, he finally spoke. "Sebastian. This is an order. Get-"

"Goddamn it! Let's just have that damn tea, okay?" Estella snapped. She pushed the arm off her shoulder and stepped away from Alois, ignoring the incredulous look shot over to her from Ciel.

Alois perked up excitedly. "The garden!" He chirped in delight, grabbing hold of her hand. "Follow me!" He turned, tugging her along.

"Claude, come." He said, striding past his butler who instantly gave a small bow.

Watching the three retreating backs, Ciel sighed irritably. "Blancbaston!" He yelled after them. His eyebrows furrowed into a frown when he realized that they have already exited the room.