Chapter 2: The Queen's Watchdog

Her heart skipped a beat at the deep voice coming from behind.

She eyed the iron gates ahead wistfully with a murmured swear word and tore her gaze away. 

Her eyes were met with the familiar tall figure of Sebastian. 

His face and the way he questioned her would be the perfect description for the word 'amiable', if not for his glinting eyes and the seemingly serene smile which reeked amusement and tad mockery.

"If you're already running around like then, then you must be ready to meet the master of the manor then." 

Annoyance struck her. "And as I recall,I'm pretty sure I said no."

She threw a stubborn glare and spun back back to the gates, only to be brushed past by a sudden, curt breeze. 

To be met with...Sebastian again? 

What?  She gazed behind her to find the spot behind now empty.

She blinked and rubbed her eyes. And blinked again. 

A suspicious glare fell onto Sebastian.

"Seriously Mr. Butler, what the hell did you put in my food? How-"

"There, I hope you understand now." Sebastian's lips curled with a smirk. "Escaping, sorry, attempting to escape, is simply a waste of time."

"A foolish way to waste time," He pulled out his pocket watch and gazed disapprovingly at it. "Yours and mine." 

"Certainly not mine, Mr. Butler." She fought.

"Oh yes, it is." Sebastian snapped close the watch with a sigh, "Please proceed back into the manor; the master is waiting."

When he saw that she was still not showing a sign of moving, he sighed again and cocked an eyebrow in amusement when she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Make me." She continued glaring, now, challengingly, daring him to try making her see his master. Cocking his eyebrow even more in amusement, a low chuckle emitted from his mouth.

"Oh? Okay then... If you say so..."  He then dived forward and scooped her up in bridal style effortlessly before strolling towards the porch of the manor, causing the girl let out a small shriek of surprise. Realizing the situation, she started struggling and throwing a colorful string of profanities at him.

"Hey, put me down! I said put me down, you bastard!" Glancing down at the struggling girl in his arms, a smirk cracked across his face.

"Why would I? You were the one who said, "Make me.", isn't it? I'm just simply granting your wish. And as a lady, you should not be cursing." He gave out another low chuckle when the girl stared up at him with a dumbfounded look. That dumbfounded look soon turned back into a glare.

"Ehh...You are the obedient kind, aren't you? Then, I order you to...PUT ME DOWN!"  She growled and continued struggling. Caught up trying to free herself from the butler's arms, she did not notice that they had already reached.

 Her eyes widened when Sebastian uttered an "Alright.", and the next thing she got was a sore butt. Finally realizing that she was no longer hovering over mid air in the butler's arms, her head snapped up to glare up at Sebastian.

Oblivious to the glare, Sebastian only stared at the girl that was now sprawled on the floor with a glint of amusement in his eyes while he continued straightening his coat from wrinkles that the girl had made while struggling.

"What the hell did you do that for???" She snarled at him in annoyance.

Sebastian done straightening his coat, stared at her as though she had asked something stupid.