Chapter 14: Galloping towards Darkness

...

Galloping towards Darkness

...

Silence hung between them as Ciel watched his servant blinked dumbly at him. He could not help but felt amused at her reaction to his declaration, it was kind of cute.

He paused with eyes slightly widened.

Wait, did I just….. Cute?

What's wrong with him?

Shaking off his absurd thoughts with a feeling of disgust, he reached out to his tea cup. Taking a long sip, the silent girl finally spoke.

"As a male?" She asked in bewilderment.

Letting out a grunt, Ciel took another sip from his cup. Expecting an immediate rejection from her, he nearly spitted out his tea when Estella answered not only in tone of approval but also with amazement. "Wow…That's actually a pretty good idea coming from you." She eyed him thoughtfully.

Sebastian at the side chuckled to himself in amusement at her comment as he eyed Estella with a glint of approval in his red eyes. Standing unmoving, he continued to watch their interaction keenly like an eagle.

Gulping the tea in his mouth that Ciel almost send spitting at the girl opposite which he wish he did, he threw the girl an insulted look. "What do you mean by coming from me, Blancbaston?" Ciel snapped in annoyance.

"Nothing." She shrugged before leaning forward to lean her arms on his desk. As if she didn't notice the annoyed glare on Ciel's face, Estella asked with nonchalance. "So…As a male, huh? Okaayyy…. So, anything else for the mission…?"

Letting out a sigh in response, his furrowed eyebrows relaxed, having his frown to fall away. Taking in a deep breath, he got back into an all-business attitude. "Right."

Not waiting for a response, Ciel turned his head towards his silent butler. "Sebastian, have you gathered the names?"

Estella threw a puzzled look at the boy at this.

"Yes, of course. Just like you ordered, Young Master." Sebastian immediately slid out a rolled parchment out of his suit and handed it over to Ciel with both gloved hands. Rolling it open the instant it reaches his hands, Ciel gave the list of names a quick glance before flicking up again and fixed his eye on the first name of what he observed, a list which contained five names.

"Young Master."

Ciel snapped his head up over to Sebastian. "What?"

"I'll head off now to prepare lunch."

"Then get going." He said, waving his hand towards the door, turning his attention back to the parchment.

With a curt nod at his master, Sebastian strode across the room and disappeared behind the door, exiting the room.

Giving the list of names another scan, he cleared his throat.

"Alright, I need you to tell me the descriptions of the few people as I list them out to you, some of these people might some that you know. "Ciel glanced at the girl from behind the parchment before turning back to the list. "Okay, here goes."

"Roger Eddington." He read out.

A moment of silence was the only Ciel had in return. Frowning when no answer came, he lowered the parchment down to see Estella blinking dumbly at him. Ciel sighed. "Do you know-"

He abruptly paused when the girl suddenly shot upright from her slouched sitting posture, her eyes slowly widening at something which he secretly hoped was from a remembrance.