Chapter 3: Whispers from the Past

Friday, 10:03 am

Ciel

Ciel snapped opened his eyes when there was a knock on his door. Leaning in to rest his arms on the desk, he sighed heavily before uttering a ‘Come in’.  The door swung opened to reveal Sebastian standing at the doorway, bowing with a hand on his chest.

“Young Master, we are ready to move out.”

Ciel nodded, pushing himself away from the desk before standing up. Reaching out, he grabbed his cane that was propped against the desk, beside his chair, before flicking his eyes over to the girl that was leaned back on the chair opposite him, with her eyes closed.

“Blancbaston, you heard what he said. Now let’s get moving.”

When there was no response from the girl, Ciel cocked an eyebrow at her still form. His eyes then widened slightly when he noticed the small rises and falls of her chest - she had fallen asleep. He snorted before strolling over to the other side of the desk to wake her up. 

“Blancbaston, wake up.” Ciel stood next to the chair, waiting for her to open her eyes. But instead of that, the girl mumbled something under her breath before turning to her side, facing the boy and went still.

Sighing, he reached out to put a hand on her shoulder and began shaking her, hoping that it would wake her up this time. Cursing something that sounded very much like ‘Stupid bug’ under her breath, her hand raised up to slap his away before dropping back onto her lap, and she went still again. 

Seriously, stupid bug….? This girl…!

Ciel gritted his teeth in annoyance at the different undesirable result and the sting of pain on his hand, he growled in frustration.  Sebastian that stood at the doorway chuckled to himself as he watched the scene in amusement.

“BLANCBASTON! I SAID WAKE UP!”  

The only response the girl gave was an irritated groan before her eyes fluttered opened and glared up at the source of the snarl, in annoyance through her half-opened lids.

“What do you want….midget??” She drawled, rubbing her eyes groggily, it was obvious that she was still not truly awake yet.

Ciel twitched in annoyance at his new nickname and shot her a murderous glare. “Midget?! Who are you calling midget, BLANCBASTON?! And get your butt off that chair…. We’re now heading out to your manor, so quit wasting time!”

He took a few deep breaths to calm himself as he watched the girl raised an eyebrow at him and sighed before pushing herself up from the chair to stand up. Crossing her arms over her chest, Estella looked at him with her still raised eyebrow.

“Well, obviously it’s you…Who else would I be talking about? And yes, yes…I got it, there’s no need to shout.”

Ciel stared back at her for a brief moment before his eyebrows moved down to form a glare and said coolly, “You have no right to call me a ‘Midget’, if you didn’t notice…I am actually taller than you. So… The one that should be called a ‘Midget’ should be you, not me.”

Straightening to her full height, she looked up at the boy and frowned when she realized that he was a head taller than her. Ciel smirk inwardly at her frown, he had won again. It was true. Now that he’s going to turn fourteen by the end of the year, he had shot up from a height of 158cm to a new height of 163cm over the three few months ever since his birthday in December last year.

She looked away childishly and ordered.  “Che. Whatever. Let’s stop wasting time; it’s time to move out.”

 Ciel only snorted and rolled his eyes at her back as she spun and strolled towards the door, before trailing behind to follow the girl out of his study. As he walked past his butler to exit the room, he paused when Sebastian gave out a chuckle.