Target 3 - Chains

Start from the beginning

Word around campus was that Hibari was a genius and had a diploma in Japanese, Italian and French cuisine as well as in painting. However, neither was confirmed because no one had the guts to ask him.

Though, the demon prefect did allow Tsuna to hang out on the roof top with him on breaks and at lunch as long as the brunette shared his home-made bento with him. They even conversed from time to time; it was quite a peaceful ritual of sorts which they happily shared between one another.

Tsuna still kept in touch with the lot of them, however he had to keep it to a minimum as he had explained to them because his family- although negligent and didn't seem to care for the innocent brunette -kept tabs on his contacts and where the brunette would go, whom he talked to, etc.

It was a sick cycle, a positively appalling sequence of actions. The boy could only ever go out shopping for food and other necessities, along with going to school or the odd trip to the library every now and again before he had to head back.

The last time he didn't, he got a text from father dearest telling him to 'get back to the dorms, or you'll be wishing you didn't go out at all'.

"Why don't you just run away?" Reborn asked, keeping his anger in check although the steel restraints he had put on it, though they were cracking as they could not contain the beast much longer after the story. A sorrowful look decorated the brunette's petite features.

It was a look Reborn never wanted to see on Tsunayoshi ever again.

He sighed, in a some-what wistful tone as if it were a tune played on a piano, beautiful yet tragic with every gentle press and subtle glide of finger tips on keys being a crucial detail not many noticed. Tsuna was the pianist, his problems, the keys and his life, the tune.

"I wish I could. My family has been running a big company called the Vongola for generations, ever since it was initially built four hundred years ago by our ancestor, Sawada Ieyasu who was formerly named Giotto di Vongola before he was dethroned and betrayed by his mist guardian, Daemon Spade."

"My grandfather, Timoteo, was the ninth generation Vongola boss with six summons and the rare sky affinity, which was passed down from Giotto. My father, Iemitsu, didn't inherit the flame nor the hyper intuition which was also a genetic skill passed down from generations of the Vongola."

"My uncle, Xanxus, was adopted by my grandfather but he still possessed the sky melbourn and a unique type of melbourn mixed in which was just nicknamed the 'Wrath' because of its similarity to the second Vongola boss' melbourn, which also had the nickname the Wrath."

"Xanxus is really kind, to me at least. He's about the only one who is, besides my cousin Dino who's father died a couple of years ago from an unidentified disease he had contracted from his time in Russia. Dino is the tenth boss of Chiavarone International, an allied company to the Vongola."

"Dino and Xanxus are both like brothers to me, and although Xanxus isn't that affectionate, I know he wants the best for me. Dino openly calls me his younger brother and sends me money for living expences and food every month with a lot of excess money to spend on other stuff, but I never use it."

"My older brother, Ieyasu, was named after the first Vongola boss and had inherited the sky melbourn, but doesn't seem to have hyper intuition- or HI as we've nicknamed it -that my grandfather and other bosses had. Technically, both me and Ieyasu could have taken over the boss position, but my older brother always had the upper hand."

"He was the first born, which meant he had the birth right to become the tenth generation boss, and he was the favourite child; everyone doted on him and congratulated him on his successes while I stood in the shadows, with a lot of expectations to live up to as the bar Ieyasu had put up was getting higher."