Target 3 - Chains

Start from the beginning

There was a sketchy feel to the drawing, especially with how the brunette drew himself as nothing except for his general silhouette;- nothing really blocked in- his features were faint and only had sharp lines to give a general feel for the facial characteristics.

Trees and shrubbery were blocked in roughly, mostly black and bold, shadowy greys with the main focus of the piece being the raven and the boy in the centre. There was a small marking, Reborn noted, in the corner of the picture where the blacks and greys were blended out softly to have a rounded white border, where the natural colour of the paper shone through.

The marking was a cursive T and S, with a dot in between the two. The cursive writing incorporated many swirling lines, swooping loops and rounded edges making it look profound and rich, almost medieval in appearance- the Elizabethan or Victorian era, perhaps?

Very exaggerated penmanship. Though, the raven loved the look of it. Refined, profound, rich, sophisticated. It was elegant, and appealing to the eye. Not even she had penmanship this smooth.

The picture as a whole was breath-taking, as if it were made by a professional with little to none imperfections in its execution and style. Despite the look of the picture implying a heavy or dark atmosphere, the drawing gave off a light and hopeful feel, along with a sense of acceptance and belonging which Reborn secretly longed for.

Belonging. It was a weird feeling- but then, what defined the sense of belonging? Was it a person, a place or just a sheer feeling, triggered by a consequential series of events?

"You drew this?" Reborn asked the brunette, who nodded shyly and lifted an arm to scratch the nape of his neck. "Yeah. I did it mostly from memory and tried to see what it would look like from the side..." he trailed off. The raven's interest was piqued, inspecting the drawing further.

The brunette bit his lip, shuffling closer. "Do you like it?" He asked, his voice small and quiet. "I do. I really do," Reborn admitted, shifting his seating slightly to a more comfortable position. The boy brightened up, smiling and sitting back down on his legs.

After the initial ice between the two was broken, they continued to talk. Reborn had briefly talked about his friends and roommates, leaving it fairly vague and not dwelling much on the subject. Tsuna mostly talked about his friends from the college he went to.

Kyoko, Haru and Bianchi were friends he had made who took the culinary course, while he met Bianchi's younger brother, Hayato, later on. Hayato took the arts and music courses in the college, and Hayato's boyfriend, Takeshi, went to a sports school where he entered with a baseball scholarship.

Kyoko's older brother, Ryohei, had already graduated college and was on tour around the world in professional boxing to support Kyoko better, as well as to pay off any student loans and her college bills. Living expences, like the apartment which Kyoko was living in while in college, were also paid via Ryohei's bank account.

During his stay in college he had also met Mukuro and his younger sister, Chrome, who were both working in the theatrical arts department, with Chrome mainly majoring in culinary arts and helping Mukuro in his theatrical arts from time to time by helping with script placements, character attire and accessories.

Mukuro was a senior who was helping the freshmen and sophomores, three of which who took a particular liking to him- MM, Ken and Chikusa. They all hung out as a big group, sans Ryohei who was touring and had boxing battles most of the time (which he completed for money).

The older male did join in at times, but mostly toured since he had flunked out of college and left. Tsuna had also met another senior who knocked heads with Mukuro constantly; Hibari Kyoya, the proclaimed 'demon' on campus who didn't really take any of the arts majors in the school.