[Arc 1] My Strength

Chapter 3:
Miyuki Suzanno, the Orphan girl.

"..."

"You're oddly quiet today"

The crown prince asks me, I already completed my work for ms. Wenry and there has been something that has been bothering me, I felt that something or someone is watching me.

Everything looks normal but I had a feeling that omnimous event is about tp occur.

Izana and I was in the library, a place where the two of us enjoyed hanging out. A maid enters the room and informs us that the prince is being called by the king.

Izana packed his things and headed out, I pulled Izana to the side when an arrow struck his shoulder. Both of our eye began to widened, if I didn't pulled the prince, the arrow wouldve struck him.

"I-izana! Are you okay?!" I asks, trembling at the scenario.

"Of course not, I'm bleeding!" Izana held his wound hoping to stop the bleeding

The crown prince began to tremble, as royal blood began to spill. I felt that my mind had gone blank, I teared a piece of my clothing and used it as a temporary bandage to stop his wound from bleeding.

Guards immediately came into the room as they capture the assasins, who attempted to murder a royal blood. A wave of relief came into me as I checked on Izana's state, his face was pale and he was breathing heavily and the skin on his wound was turning into hues of purple and blue.

"M-medic" my voice was trembling, as I could almost feel my heart stop "Medic! Hurry, someone call the Medic!"

The guards noticed my cry for help, as they immediately carried the prince towards the infirmary. I tried to stand up and followed where they took the prince but my legs seem only to tremble in fear, as if they were glued in the floor. My gaze was on the floor, feeling absolutely helpless.

"You did well, no one would've predicted that." I looked up to see a tall muscular man, his presence shouts with fear and strength "thanks to you, his death was prevented"

He patted my head, as if he was attempting to comfort me. I simply nodded, accepting the fact that he would'vebeen dead if I didn't pull him.

"I... I'm weak... I already know that.." I looked up at the tall man with determination "please teach me to grow strong enough to protect him!"

He looked surprised, not expecting those words to come out for a young child like me. as a smile crept into his face and laughed.

"Well said, little girl!"

_________
•◇•◇•◇•
_________

Two days had gone by, and the prince was still unconscious. But he was recovering smoothly thanks to the royal Pharmacists and the regular check ups they've been giving him.

I was with the older teens with noble lineage who were training to become a great royal guards of Clarine. They looked at me with disgust as to have a woman in the Royal guards was unspoken, so naturally, they doubled my training menu.

It. Was. Hard.

I had to train harder because I was a woman.

I recieved countless of insults because of my background.

I received numerous discrimination because of my gender.