[Arc 1] Assasination

Chapter 14:
Miyuki Suzanno, The Royal Knight

"Great! The moment I entered the palace, I greeted by mountains of document!"

I grunted, the amount of documents that I had to adress was distressingly a lot. It was as if I'm seeing mountains of paper stack together to the point that a table wasn't enough to fill it.

"Your mind is exaggerating your amount of work again" Izana enters my newly formed office, as I was promoted to a corporal from a sergeant. Which mean more work and responsibilities "thats just litterally fifty pages with different issues and three formal reports you needed to hand in. Easy."

"Easier said than done, your just used to paperwork that this is just small for you!" I whined, not wanting to do work at all "why'd you even come?"

"If I tell you it won't be fun" Izana teases, it seems that his attitude towards me had change, like literally a lot! "How about I help you with that work but I ge tsomething I want in return?"

"Uhm... sure?" I really didn't feel like doing paperwork but I feel somewhat nervous about his his requests are going to be about.

"Great, shall we start now?" Izana asks and I simply nodded.

The two of us worked quite efficiently, even Izana did half of my workload and I was finishing the other half. By the time we both finish, it was lunchtime. Being Izana's knight I followed him until he got to the dining room, with the family. I bowed myself and bid everyone in the room a goodbye.

I was headed at the cafeteria when I saw Renhart along the way, the two us made our way and took our food.

"So" Renhart placed his plate down and sat "how's the progress?"

"There won't be any progress happening when there isn't any 'us' in the first place" I copied his actions and sat down, stuffing food in my mouth "besides, I'm happy the way it is!"

"But you have feelings with the prince, no?" He had a smug smirked, reading me as if I'm a book.

"..."

"I'm waiting for an answer woman!"

"I guess, I do..." I sighed looking at the red haired.

"My, oh my! So you do have feelings for him!" He clapped his hands with delight "so why can't you two start dating?"

"It's complicated..." I sighed "I mean I don't have any royal blood or wealth to benefit him. Also his family took care of me, I want to repay them by protecting them"

"Aren't you the only one who's making it complicated!" The red haired furrowed his brows "I'm sure the king would let an popular and strongest member of the Clarine's Knight to the crown prince"

"When did I become popular?" I scoffed, finishing my food.

"Since you single handedly stopped the coup d'état, you also helped some villages improve their living conditions and not only that people would call you as a living goddess! Many of our men here are here to see you because they admire your strength."

I almost choked, laughing at their description of me. But then again I never paid any attention to rumors. The two of us slowly drifted our main topic and started talking the most random things, we finished our lunches and decided to walk a bit at the castle's garden. The two of us were joking around and laughing together, I playfully punched his shoulders and started laughing again.

"Miyuki." I immediately stopped laughing and started to act professionally, I looked at the prince, as a woman were linked their arms.

Crack...