[Arc 1] Outing

Chapter 2: Outing
Miyuki Suzanno, the orphan girl.

"Come one, Izana! It's going to be fun!"

"No thanks"

I pouted at the prince, my offer for the two of us to get out of the castle was rejected instantly. It's been a month since I came into the palace, training was ridiculously difficult, and I had stand for hours and watch the prince's lessons.

It was lessons on training him how to become a king, variously from etiquette to battle tactics. It was awfully boring to listen to but some of the lessons was interesting to listen.

Today simply happen to be where the two of us had absolutely nothing to do, my training finished early and Izana's tutor was sick. So I couldn't help myself but to bother the prince to go outside the castle.

"Izana! Let's go out!" It was a thousand time I've probably said it "no one's going to know if we disappear for few hours!"

"No."

"Izana! Please! Don't you want to see the place where you're going to rule one day!?"

"I do.. but—"

"Then let's go!" I cut him off before he could find another reason to say something that would prevent us from leaving and grabs his hand and took him at one of the blind spot in the castle.

The two of us quietly snuck out, without letting anyone in the castle know. A huge grin appeared in my face as I forced the prince to wear a commoner's cape, just to mask his fancy clothing.

I dragged the prince to the heart of the city, where the source of music, laughing and dancing are coming from. It's been a few times since I would sneak out by myself, so I was a bit familiar in the street, and it was one of my goal to bring the prince here.

The two of us enters to a small bakery that I regularly go to, and I saw the two usual people working.

"Oh my, Miyuki are you by yourself again?" The female baker asks me with a smile in her face.

"Nope! I brought a friend that I told you" I pointed at Izana who was looking around their store.

"Oh, Mr. Strictpants?" The baker joked with me as I would tell stories of Izana's strict personality with telling them the small detail about him being a part of the royal family.

"Yeah!" I laughed, as I took out my pouch of money "I'll buy the usual and twice the amount. I want him to try it since he rarely goes out"

The baker nodded as she prepared the my orders and paid the purchase good.

"Here you go, two strawberry cheesecake" She handed a two delicate tarts, with Clarine's imprinted on it.

I quickly went to Izana and gave him my favourite treat, he looked skeptical at the "cheap" dessert but the moment he took a bite, the next thing I knew, he was gobbling the treat

"It's pretty good right?" A toothy grin made it's way to my face as I watch Izana's reaction.

"Yeah..."

The two of us continued to explore the city as we ate different kind of street food that the prince had never tried before. Then we went back to the heart of the city as I joined a free style dance along with the common folks who were dancing.

The crown prince simply stood there as he watched me dance. I smiled at Izana as I made my way to him, and dragged him to dance with me.

At first he was such an awkward potato dancing, then he slowly got comfortable and we both started dancing to our hearts contents.

(Just to have an Idea what they were dancing)

We were laughing and dancing as we dance, everything felt perfect, hoping that time wouldn't be a cruel thing and keep this moment last forever.

I hope good things last forever!

_________
•◇•◇•◇•
_________

"See, I told you! We didn't get into trouble!"

"What trouble are you exactly looking for? Ms. Suzanno"

The two of us flinched as we heard a strict female voice. We turned around and saw Zen's tutor

"M-ms. Wenry, it's nothing! I heard that you are sick, please don't push yourself too hard" hoping that my sugar coated words would help us to my way out, and we won't be in trouble.

The woman eyed on us, as she simply sighed and scratched her head.

"Thank you for your worry, ms. Suzanno. I've been feeling a lot better." The woman smiled warmly at the two of us. We turned around and immediately attempted to flee in a casual way  "All right you two may go"  

"...also" the two stopped our track when we heard ms. Wenry talks again "I hope you two had fun at the city earlier."

"M-ms. Wenry, I can explain! It's not Izana's fault! It was me who dragged him out so-" I began to panic, taking the full blame.

"You don't have to panic, ms. Suzanno" The woman smiled warmly "it was good for the prince to see what kind kingdom he is ruling and improve it's conditions"

I sighed in relief as I looked at Izana with a grin on my face.

"I won't tell the king about this but, you two are in trouble!" Our smiles immediately died out, and looked at Zen's tutor "you two are lucky that everyone in the palace were busy and I was able to hide that you two went out. So I am going to double your work Izana"

The young prince groaned, as I giggled faintly at him.

"And as for you, ms. Suzanno. Since you have been learning how to read and write, I expect you to write a perfect report on your little trip by next week"

My smile died out too quickly, my face turned pale just thinking of writing a report to Izana's tutor by next week. It was Izana's turn to laugh at me, causing me to groan.

"Do I make myself clear?"

"Clear as crystal, ms. Wenry" the two of us said in unison as we both headed to our own chambers.

I guess today wasn't so bad...

-----------------
HEEYOO! 

Sorreh if Izana's OOC, I just thinking how would a kid react to a different environment.

- Neku -