[Arc 1] Promise

Chapter 8:
Miyuki Suzanno, A royal Knight.

"I think...

that the Prince has a plan store for us and
I approve of my prince's proposal"

I answered, agreeing to the prince request. Izana's smile grew wider, as the king was left with his thoughts.

"Very well, we shall announce it on his birthday ball" the king sighed "however the amount given to you is going to be very limited. Izana you are dismissed, I still need to talk to Miyuki"

"Thank you very much father," Izana bowed and headed out his office "I shall take my leave"

The sound of the door had a soft click, indicating that Izana had left the office. It was just the King and I alone, I immidiately reported the amount infiltrator and some military updates. Apparently, there has been a coup d'etat happening in Clarines and The king issued me couple orders regarding about Clarine's military move.

"Please don't make a hasty decision my king" I pleaded, sighing at the current circumstances "what about the prince's safety?"

"The prince is strong as you stated, he can take care of himself. If you do refuse, then I will refuse his proposal" The king spoke, threatening me a bit "I know that this is the first time the two of you is going to be separated but you have proven yourself to be worthy of leading military group, even the general himself recommended you for this job"

"I understand my King" I bowed, "thank you very much for the opportunity and I will not fail you"

"Good you shall leave the night after tomorrow"

_________
•◇•◇•◇•

_________

Entering the king's office is always nerve wrecking, however, all of the tension in my body immediately relaxed. I headed to the library to see the prince studying with his tutor, I greeted the tutor and sat behind Izana. I took out a book regarding about military tactics and techniques, as my mind slowly drifted to Izana's lectures, it was quite interesting, it was mostly about politics and power. The teacher didn't seem to mind at me listening at her lesson. After hours of lecture, Ms. Wenry, a fourty two year old scholar and a royal tutor, assigned the prince some assignments and left the library the rest of the day.

If I say so myself, ms. Wenry is a nice but strict lady. She taught me how to write and read letter since she thought it was a good exercise for the prince to have someone to share that experience with. Even we would exchange gossip around the palace and even joke around, however there is a border between friends and tutor.

"What did father tell you in the office?" The crown prince asks, cutting me from my thoughts "did he asked anything about me?"

"Nope, it's just the usual military stuff, Izana" I giggle, flipping a page from my book "also, the king assigned me a new job."

"Hmm, what is it?" Izana hummed, somewhat interested at his father's action, while joking around "I bet you'll be running around the castle with meticulous tasks"

"... I will be leaving the castle to join the Military's General Head of Clarines"

"..."

"..."

Izana slammed the table, as he stood up. I looked up to see the prince a pained expression. I tilted my head as I have no idea what was going on in his head.

"No."

"No?"

"You will not go to the frontline!" Izana yelled, defying his father's assign mission to me "you could die out there! And I don't want to lose you"

"I'm not going to die, Izana." I held his hand to calm him and gestured him to sit down "It's your father's orders, evem if I were to reject them, he would reject your wish!"

"So your telling me that it's my fault?" He asks me, our hands slowly intertwined. A small habit the two of us created in past years we spent together.

"No, it's not. I really believe that you have a plan for Lido and Sui Territory, and I want to support you" I looked sincerly at the prince, his grip tightened a bit "so by the time you return to Clarines, I will be there to greet you or if it ended earlier then I might be able to see you in action"

"...I understand, I guess being a strong person like is needed at the frontline" the prince sighed, completely persuaded by my words "but your not allowed to die as long as I live and that is an order!"

"Understood my prince" I bowed briefly, causing our hands to depart. then I took out a small box and gave it to the prince. "Advance Happy Birthday, Izana!"

He opened a small box, revealing round onyx earing. The silver that holds the gem was carefully carved to copy the a crown, it was made simple but elegant. Izana only stared at the jewellery, as I was starting to get embarrassed.

'Perhaps, It's too cheap for his liking?"

"I guess it's too girly for you?" I scratched my cheek, trying to ease my nervousness "you can just throw it away if you don't like it! I mean it's probably too cheap for your lik-"

"Thank you, Miyuki" he gave out a smile and wore a piece of the earring, he then reached out at me place the other pair to my ear.

I felt my skin burn at his touch, I held my ears to feel that I am wearing one piece of the onyx earring. My cheeks started burn as well, knowing that I was blushing.

"I-izana, this is a gift for you!" I tried to reason with the prince "it is made for you, not for me!"

"I am lending it to you" he looked directly to my eyes, an unknown attraction drawing me in "it is your task that you come back alive and return that earring to me"

I sighed at his childishness, this was the first time I saw him manipulate me, as well as assuring that I must come back alive.

"As you wish, My prince"

-----------------
HEEYOO!
NEKU HERE!

Anyways,

Don't forget to :

VOTE!

COMMENT!

AND

ENJOY!

- Neku -