Legs shaking furiously, he willed himself to stay standing. His feet were rooted to the ground, breath laboured and head spinning from the aftershocks of the adrenaline rush he had experienced before this unfortunate predicament. Quickly, he forced his irregular breathing to still and calm down to a safer sequence.

Successfully calming his breathing, he made less sound and hoped that the tiger couldn't smell the fear which seeped through his skin, coating him like a second skin and reaching out in tendrils to grasp onto anything they could find.

His melbourn was undoubtedly shaking, pulsing in erratic and abnormal movements which sent out a type of distress signal. No doubt the other students in a 50-mile radius would be able to sense it, along with other summons and teachers but they wouldn't respond.

They didn't know what Tsuna's melbourn signature was.

Usually, you would be able to find out the affinity, strength and purity of a student's melbourn by using a particular type of technology. However, it could not figure out Tsunayoshi's melbourn's characteristics. They dismissed it as the brunette not having a melbourn at all.

Oh, how wrong they were; if only they knew how strong his melbourn was. The tiger stalked closer, peering at every detail it could grasp and relied on its acute hearing and keen sense of smell to find Tsuna- its prey.

The brunette was acutely aware of how close the creature was; his breath hitched in his throat as he heard it approach his trembling frame.

Suddenly, he heard a squawk. It was a bone-chilling sound which resonated across the otherwise stilled woodland. His eyes snapped open, gaze directed upwards through the miniscule cracks in the greenery.

He saw a flash, a brief blur of black which flew over his head so fast that he would have thought it was his mind playing tricks on him- if it weren't for the foreboding squawk which followed.

He heard the harsh whimper, which he assumed came from the lightning class tiger morph. He swallowed his fear, just now realising how dry his throat was from the lack of fluids before he slowly turned to see the utterly terrifying state of the lightning class.

It was barely standing on its four legs, tail limp and flat. One eye was forcefully closed while the other was half-lidded. Snow white fur caked with blood, dyeing its coat a sickly, dark red while the excess dripped onto the green grass beneath its stocky frame.

Above it, claws drowned in blood was an abnormally large raven with feathers darker than the deepest night, the only colour on the entire bird were its beady eyes which shined a ferocious yellow. Even that yellow was scarce, a thin outline of a large black dot which was supposedly either the iris and pupil or just the pupil itself with the sunny framework being the iris.

Unlike other humans, who would have screamed bloody murder and ran for their lives with crippling fear, Tsuna stood frozen in awe of the beauty of the magnificent creature. Each sleek feather; smooth curvature of the beak; grooves and indentations in the feet.

They were all stunning in Tsunayoshi's eyes. The creature was a thing of beauty, of tantalising detail and other-worldly allure.

He didn't care that the bird may or may not have just attacked another went to the point where they were at the brink of death, nor that the raven was a symbol of death itself or that of apprehension. It was... breathtaking.

Tsuna found himself nearing the creature steadily, with not a trace of dread nor anxiety which was there prior. The backpack had slid off of the boy's shoulders, slumping on the ground with a thump which alerted the raven of the nearing brunette.