Epilogue

They'd been living in the new house for just over a month. Everyone had settled in and Eli had been working on Jazz's old house in preparation for when Cade became his mate. He was putting his touch on a few things as he liked to say. The family had all kept tight lipped about the photographs of Jazz's baby, even Kody and Liam seemed to realise this was just for them to know and kept it to themselves.

The anniversary of Jazz's son's death was coming up and it kept playing on her mind. It would have been his twenty first birthday and she wanted to do something special for him. Jazz needed to do something special for herself too. What she finally realised was that what she needed to do was to let him go. She just wasn't sure how.

For the past week Jazz had wracked her brain trying to come up with a solution as to where to put her son's ashes, but couldn't come to a decision. Nothing seemed good enough, safe enough. Nothing felt right! In the end she spoke with Cade hoping she might have a suggestion. Cade came back with, "leave it with me" and left it at that. That had been two days ago.

This morning Cade had disappeared before dawn, Jazz assumed it had something to do with her Guardian duties, so kept an eye out for her return as she sat on the back porch. When Cade returned, she had a solemn expression on her face. Jazz didn't speak, waiting for Cade to tell her what was wrong.

"Good morning." she spoke quietly, not wanting to wake the rest of the house. "I met with the Ancient ones, this morning. I sent out a message to them two days ago asking to meet with them and the finally answered early this morning." She sat on the step in front of her mother.

"How'd it go, you look so serious?"

"I told to them that you wanted a safe place for your baby to rest baby, but you aren't sure where. Mum they look on you with great favour. I spoke with their leader. She's agreed to take your babies ashes and keep them safe for you. She said she knows his spirit and the joy you gave him while you were together. They feel for your loss and will take every care with him. She, that is the Ancient one their leader, she said she's willing carry carrying him herself until it is his time to be born again."

"What!"

"Mum I doubt there would ever be a safer place for him."

"She'd do that for me?"

"Yes."

Jazz was speechless, this was so much more than she could have ever hoped for. When she finally found her voice, "When?"

"When you're ready to let him go. You take a walk up to where I was given my final marking. You'll be met there and," she shrugged.

Jazz laughed, "I guess you don't know what will happen huh?" Cade shook her head no. "Okay. This is good. It feels right. And it's time."

Jazz sighed. "Tomorrow." Then she got to her feet and went about her day a new calmness settling within her.

Jazz spent some time that night going through all her baby keep sakes. She placed the little blue bear on her dresser where she would be able to see it each day, then put the blue baby blanket over the back of the chair by the window. She could use it to rest her head on or perhaps wrap Riley in if he was having a bad night.

Jazz was up early next morning, Cade had already agreed to help out with the children for the day, so she could take her time with whatever she needed to do. Once showered and dressed Jazz picked up the small Urn holding her babies ashes. She wiped a stray tear away as she looked at the Urn wanting to keep it in her memory. She'd taken photographs of it with her phone the night before just in case, but after today she'd never see it again. Finally she looked away from it realising she had to make a move.