Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Jaz took several slow calming breathes. The last thing she wanted to do was upset Riley and babies, human or Were could pick up on a person's emotions. "Hey little man, let's see about getting you and your siblings out of the sun before it gets too hot."

While her mind was a whirl of what if's and what the hell! Jaz remained calm as she got to her feet wrapping her sarong around Riley so it would cover his head and most of his face. Approaching the side of the pool she called out the Riley's father, "Matt I'm thinking it's time you got the children out of the water."

The expression on Matt's face was not happy. "I think I can be the judge of when 'my' children have had enough of the water. If you don't want to hold Riley any more just say so and I'll..."

He didn't finish his sentence the anger on Jaz's face stopped him. "I'm not about to tell you how to bring up your children Matthew," she glance skyward before returning her eyes to him. "Considering the time of day and the heat of the sun, unless you want to be up all night with three children crying with sun related pain I'd suggest you do as I suggested."

The colour drained from Matt's face, he nodded and gathered to unwilling children. "Come on Jaz is right, you're both going to get sunburn and that will be painful for all of us."

Both Kody and Liam made a fuss not wanting to get out of the water, but followed their father towards the deck chair he'd left their towels on. Matt wiped each of them over quickly then wrapped their towel around them. He picked up their shoes tossing them into Riley's nappy bag before picking it up and shouldering it.

Jaz followed them but when he went to turn off to where he was staying he turned to Jaz holding out his arms for Riley. Jaz didn't immediately hand him over. Truth be told she didn't want to hand him over at all.

She took a breath, released it as she calmly handed Riley to him. Jaz hoped Matt wouldn't tell her to leave them alone, there were things she needed to ask him. Questions he seriously needed to answer.

"Matt when I introduced myself to you this morning, I neglected to inform you that I'm also a doctor. I have my medical bag in my suite with a salve that will help ease any discomfort the children might have."

"Why are you being so... nice?"

Jaz smiled softly. "Matt I'm not a threat to you or your children. I'll go shower and change. Then I'll come see how you're faring with the children. If that's all right with you?"

Matt sighed, "I'm really making a mess of things aren't I?" he shook his head indicating he didn't want her to answer. "I'll put the two big ones in the tub and get them cleaned up first. Then they can watch T.V while I get Riley cleaned up. We're in room 638."

Jaz nodded and made her way to her suite leaving Matt to deal with his three children. For the moment she had more than enough to think about. What she should do is call her brothers and let them know about Riley. How on earth a human ended up with a Were child... she sighed, decided not to think about anything until she was chlorine free and dressed in more than a bathing suit and a towel.

Ten minutes later showered and dressed she was sitting on the side of her bed wondering what the hell she was supposed to do. As a pack member she should contact her brothers to let them know about Riley and the situation; that being he was living with or so it seemed that somehow his father is human.

I need to talk to Matt. He needs to tell me what's going on, where is his wife, although I have an idea where she is. And possibly how and why he has a Were child.

Jaz put her elbows on her knees and held her head in her hands. He needs to trust me. Damn it I can't tell my brothers, not yet. Not until I know what's going on.