Chapter 3

Jaz spent the rest of the day in bed resting. Any attempt by her to get up was kyboshed by whoever discovered her trying to get out of bed. Finally Cade pleaded with her, "You need to rest, besides as soon as word gets out that you're up and about we'll be inundated with visitors. Are you ready for that?"

All the energy drained out of Jaz at Cades words. "No." she got back under the covers and got comfortable. "There are things that need to be said Cade. Old wounds that need to be opened. There are things I need to discuss with my brothers. No, actually there are things I need to flat out tell them. They won't like what I have to say."

Jaz sighed rubbing a hand over her face. "This isn't going to be easy; people are going to be hurt. First of all though I need to talk to you and Cord, explain..." she laughed sadly. "I'm not exactly sure how to explain everything. I'm not sure I'm strong enough to tell the story twice, but I'll try. You deserve that, you both do."

"When you're ready okay, for now rest. Jax is likely to come back soon. He'd really like to see you. If he can give me his word he won't say anything about you being awake you should probably see him."

Jaz nodded, she at least owed that man that much. "I agree, but for now I'm feeling rather tired." She put her head back on the pillow and closed her eyes. Jaz knew she needed to rest, the time was coming when she'd need to share her secret. It would be painful, draining and she wasn't yet prepared to consider how it would affect others in the Pack.

Jax came by early next morning, he didn't have to be a damned Were to sense the tension around Braedon and Nicolas. He knew it had something to do with Jaz, but he wasn't one to judge. Besides he just wanted to make sure she was okay. He was after all the person that hit her with his car.

As he entered the house he knew something had changed. Cord had a smile on his face and Cade didn't look so worried. "I take it Jaz is awake?"

Cade looked him over, judging if she could trust him. "If you'd like to see her and can keep your mouth shut about it, then maybe she's awake?"

Jax zipped an imaginary zipper across his lips and Cade could see the smile in his eyes. "Okay, but not long she's still needs her rest."

They moved quickly up the stairs, Cade knocking on the bedroom door before entering. "Mum, Jax is here to see you." She turned to Jax, "I'll wait outside, remember not too long."

Jax approached the Jaz sitting on the chair next to the bed. "You look a whole lot better than you did the last time I saw you." He reached out and patted the back of her hand. "How you feeling?"

"Tired. I need more rest and I'm fairly certain Cade will make sure that happens." She lowered her eyes, frowned as if in deep thought. "I owe you an apology. I was in no condition to be out running alone. I should have gone up the mountain to the Elders. I put you in a terrible position. I'm sorry."

"No apology necessary. I just needed to make sure you were all right. Cade said you were, but..." he sighed.

Jaz looked at him curiously, "There is something else on your mind Jaxson. I can feel the tension around you. What is it?"

"Your brothers are..." he ran a hand through is hair. "I don't know what's going on between the three of you and it's really none of my business, but I can feel... something... I don't know, it's hard to explain. There's anger, frustration and..."

He saw how his words were affecting Jaz and stopped. "Now it's my turn to apologise. Your brother is a piece of work you know that... both of them. And don't worry I've been sworn to secrecy; as far as they know you still aren't up to having visitors. Rest, do what your daughter tells you for now. I'll be around for a few more days. I'll drop by and see how you're doing if that's okay?"