Chapter 1

"Push! Thanks it Chrissy, just a little long, she's almost here. Okay again... push!" Jaz was all business, a new life, a baby... cub was a joyous thing and this would be Chrissy and Nicolas' second child. This time around everything hand gone according to plan, Chrissy was no longer human elevating the risk to her or the baby.

Chrissy was now a Were, a Shifter and although childbirth would always be painful, this time there was little to no risk of her dying. When finally Jaz placed the baby in her arms, Chrissy broke into a huge grin, she looked at Nicolas, her husband and mate then moved her eyes to the others that were now gathering in the room.

Each person was important to her, would play a part in the lives of both her son and her daughter. She watched as each person gave her a slight nod. The Pack Alpha's Kasey and Braedon had huge grins on their faces, as did Enforcers Eli, Cade and Nate. Phia was there too, with Kyle's two young babysitters Taylor and Leith.

Both young men had played a part in the delivery of Chrissy's first baby, Kyle. Considering how things went the last time, Chrissy was fairly certain they wanted to see for themselves that she was all right.

Chrissy glanced back at her mate, who couldn't stop smiling. When Nicolas gave her arm a gentle squeeze she cleared her throat. Eyes sparkling with happiness Chrissy took a deep breath, "I'd like to introduce you all to our daughter, Mauve Jazmina Romanoff."

For a moment Jaz froze, wasn't sure she'd heard right. Turning to Chrissy she realised she had heard correctly. Chrissy had a grin from ear to ear and was nodding her head for all she was worth.

Jaz moved back towards the bed, a surprised expression on her face, looked to her brother who gave her a nod. Taking a deep calming breath, Jaz reached out to her tiny namesake. Softly running her fingers over the Mauve's head and struggling for words, "Thank you."

A week later Mauve Jazmina Romanoff was presented to the Pack. The entire day was full of laughter, fun, food and family. Jaz was there, keeping to the edge of the goings on, her self-isolation wouldn't allow her to mingle, if anything it pained her to be there.

Most of the Pack were in attendance. Little Mauve being the star of the event was an angel taking being handled by so many people in her stride.

Jaz didn't get close enough to hold her, she hadn't touched the child since the day of her birth. She knew she should feel joy at the celebration, but all she could think of was how she could slip away without being seen. Holding her emotions tightly, Jaz smiled and chatted when it was necessary and avoided the eyes of both Kasey and Chrissy.

Both of these women had gifts that could either read her or see what was to come. So far she'd be able to block herself from the women and their abilities, but lately she hadn't exactly been as disciplined in holding herself or her emotions together. Yes another reason to slip away.

Next day Jaz sat in her kitchen sipping tea and going over the events of the past week. That Chrissy had in part named her daughter after her, that she cared enough to do so was something of a shock. It warmed her heart, knowing that though she will never hold a child of her own, little Mauve will at least carry her name.

When Chrissy first arrived at the Compound Jaz had tried to befriend her, but as time went by she started to withdraw from her family and the Pack. More and more she began isolating herself from the Pack, from her family. It seemed easier for her to work her way through each day without too much interaction with others.

Jaz didn't want to think too hard about the situation, she had an inkling that Nate inadvertently had something to do with her behaviour, but wasn't ready to go there... wasn't ready to think or consider him at all.