Chapter 17. Clifftops

Comenzar desde el principio

"Are you still hurting about the whole spy thing?" He raises an eyebrow as the ground just below the rail line glows green. "I had a reason for it."

"And yet it took you, oh wait. You never explained it to me." I put a little more pressure on.

"What do you think I was trying to do? I listened to the tapes, I know of the rivalry between the Tigers and Chen. Or anyone associated in the slightest with him."

I glare thought my helmet. At most the gang is only 6 or 7 guys. And yet Victor thinks I need him as a guardian angel. "So why'd you hide it from me? Protection requires trust."

"I was relying on the trust we already had." He lowers and raises his eyebrow, "Trust that dates back to middle school."

Sly fox. I bite down my need to scream. He wants this. He wants a reaction from me.

"Ugg." Jordan folds his arms just above us, "Enough already. We're all knew each other as kids. Can we get on with the job?"

AJ points her gun to Jordan now as the sound of small knives ring, "You are under arrest for-"

"Make her quiet." Jordan double snaps his fingers.

It takes a second but the boys bomb rushes her. Sooner rather than later, they end up in the minecart with no bullets wasted. AJ holds her gun up again, "Face the wall."

I keep my eye on Marci the green glow, there seems to be something drilling it's way up. Now that is smart, why didn't I think of that? I watch as a green tip slowly comes out a few inches from my feet.

AJ steps closer, "Now."

Jordan turns slowly as the boys in the mine cart moan, "So, what's your name, honey?"

"Shut up." AJ holds the gun up while reaching for her cuffs.

"Seems like you could use a better payroll." Jordan holds still now.

"Not interested."

Victor manages to sneak a peek at the emerging object. "Umm, Jordan."

Jordan glares as I push Victor's head up, "Not now, underling." He focuses on AJ again as the green tip is revealed to be a long knife with a golden handle and a red gem.

"But-" Victor tries pointing but I push the blade a bit deeper.

Now there's a second green tip coming out slower than the first. What is that thing?

Jordan huffs with a small eye roll, "I said be quiet." He smirks at AJ, "So, where were we." Now his eye grow to the size of a boulder as the green blades reflect light, "Are those-"

"The Jade Blades." Victor rolls his eyes, "Yeah. I was trying to-"

"GET THEM!" Jordan jumps to the knives but AJ body slams him against the wall.

Victor struggles now. I lightly scrape the blade's end against him then sucker punches his gut. Then twist over and grab the two.

Marci jumps out of the ground to pull the mine cart around, "Run, Seliel. Find out what those things are." She changes the lines direction so the boys roll down to the end.

I tuck away my kama, turn to run when something catches me foot. Victor is holding on tight as Jordan and AJ struggle, "Be a good ex and give those to-"

"Nope." I slam my boot heel into his face and charge out of the mine. What are these Jade Blades? How does my Mom know about them?

So many questions. So few answers.