Chapter 16. Comeback

Start from the beginning

"And the other half is going through with it." It's too easy of a saying. Anyone can do anything with motivation. "From another perspective, that's the same equation to terrible things."

Marci tries holding my hand. I lift it up to help make her point, "It's not the people's view of it. It's the person executing the hero equation. Lots of people see things different ways. But you can't stop after one small window at something. You've got to keep trying, make adjustments from the mistakes, find what works and help change the world." Marci smiles as some combination of guilt and hope rattle around in me, "If you keep doing something wrong, someone will most likely stand up and from what I can tell, you did everything right. You just got tripped up along the way."

Why did I like the Ninja so much again? Past the cute boys and the awesome moves. Why? I think because they kept going. Mom kept going after each mistake. She never repeated it but she also learned from it. I try hugging Marci. This is what I needed. A recharge of my own determination, "Thanks, Marci."

I can feel her trying to hug me back. But the result is light cold whispers against my back. "Anytime." Marci holds still as she feels a little more tangible somehow. "Don't we have a gang to bust?"

I let go. Draw her sia for her then hold them out for her, "Yes we do." I search for my helmet and find it under my bed. I open my door to see my Dad about to knock while holding my kama.

Dad gets a grin I've never seen before, "Tell me about the adventure once it's over. Just go live it now." He hands me the weapons.

My hands inch to them. These things didn't really stop anything before. They will now. I'll make sure of it. I grab them, give them a small twirl then stick them in their seats, "Thanks, Dad." Marci and I rush back down stairs.

Dad gives me a thumbs up as I throw open the door, "Go get 'em, sweetheart."

{Location: Crystal Pass}(Dawn's POV)[Many years ago]

I step off the bus as my stomach growls. I am so hungry for apples. I have no idea why I just do. Maybe the lady on the bus was right, perhaps I'm pregnant.

"Hello, Dawn." I smile at Edward Nom. He is always the most excited greeter when ever someone comes in his store. His clothes even portray this with his bright yellow apron. Which is only made brighter by his darker skin, "Can I help you find anything?"

"Yeah." I fold my arms. How do I know Chen isn't watching right now. One of the last people I want to be involved is the town grocer, "I'm hanging around some of the old mining tunnel close by. Any food good for that?"

"Where are you hiking at?" He leads me through the fruits and vegetables to the meat section.

"I was just going to wander around," I hold my smile as I glance behind me.

"Then I'd say lots of proteins," Edward points to cans of cashews and peanuts, "But are you sure? The old mining tunnels are risky."

"Perfect, more adventure." I grab the two closets cans and turn on my heel to the register.

Edward grabs my shoulder, I flinch a little, "Are you sure? Those caves are more tricky to get out of them in." He starts squeezing hard. What's he hiding?

I turn back to him, push his hand off with mine, "I'm sure." I raise an eyebrow saying something like, 'don't make me any more suspicions than I am.'

"Have fun," His smile drops as I dash off to the cash register.

I pay as quick as I can along with buying a small backpack to hold my food. I hop on another bus that takes me closer to the old tunnels. Once I'm there, I keep looking back. I feel like I'm being followed. I descend, almost tripping over the rail lines, if it wasn't for the dimly lit lanterns, my face would have met the dirt three times over now. I keep walking until I hit a wall of rocks. "I don't see how this is dangerous." I lean against the rock only to fall down. "It's a sheet? Dang, that looked too real." I fall on my side. I pull my legs through and get up.