#8 An Old Friend

Wattpad ***ing deleted this chapter and the next. I had to rewrite the entire flipping chapters....

(Seto's POV)

     Careful..... Careful. Just a little more. I stand hovering over my brewing stand, gently tilting a glass vial into the potions on the stand. I tip it a little more, and as soon as the liquids touch, I'm thrown back in small explosions. I groan at the burnt mess around me. Not to mention my now aching back. "You added too much gun powder. Again", a voice tease in my head. I look up at a perch near the wall, a small bat perched on it. "C'mon Phantom. You have to at least agree that I'm getting closer", I laugh.

     I get up and grab a few books that fell onto the floor, using my sorcery to clean up the burn marks. Then I about have a heart attack when I turn around and see someone standing on my balcony. My first reactions it to throw a purple fireball, very much regretting it when the person ducks and looks back up at me. "Will you please stop sneaking up on my like that! I could of killed you, Cat", I scold the reckless teen. Sure, I'm technically a teenager too, but I've been immortal for about an extra thousand years.

     "But it's so funny! Phantom even winked at me right before the potion blew up", Cat laughs, "I just wanted to let you know that you have some visitors on their way". "Has Sky finally popped back up? He's usually the first one I meet", I ask her, putting away my brewing supplies. "Yeah, He's there. I think you'll he really surprised to meet him", she says. I hum in acknowledgement while continuing to clean up for when my friends get here. We both sink into a comfortable scilence, neither of us quite willing to make small talk.

     Thankfully, Cat tends to be a very sociable and out-spoken person when she feels like it. "Any news on the civil war in Liblicen? I haven't been over their in a while", she asks me, fiddling with her black dog-tag. "This is literally the third one. I doubt the Zemrlt will loose now", I scoff. "That's good for them. The sorcerers just keep getting their buts kicked. Are you gonna go over there and claim the throne for yourself?", Cat teases me. "Eck, even the thought of leading makes me wanna stress vomit", I shudder, "And an immortal king would probably be cheating". "Cheating the game of life", She snickers.

     "What about Aj? Have you found him yet? Seems like we've been waiting forever already", I ask in curiosity. "No luck so far. I've searched here, Liblicen, and Kyladia", Cat sighs. "It has to be soon. It's been ages since I heard anything from you know who. Now get out of here before Ian comes and sees you".

     "Alright then, see you soon, Seto"

     The Sorcerer's third task has been completed.

Cat's origin-
I'm Still Here- (Core book) (not released)

Seto's origin story-
The Sorcerer- (Core book) (published)