#5 Humans

(Sky's POV)

I watch with an unblinking gaze as three humans enter the room. If it wasn't for their kind, I would be with my pack. And I know I'm not human, no matter what I look like. One of them was the boy from this morning, and one wore a checkered hoodie. The last had space suit on, his face covered by a helmet. It kinda makes me nervous that I can't see his face. "Sky, this is Ty, Mitch, and Jason. Ty is the one who brought you here, Mitch is my best friend, and I've known Jason since middle school", Jerome explains. I don't move, or make any sound. I'm scared, but I won't show it. Ty and Mitch sit on the ground, while Jason leans against the far wall.

"Hi Sky. I'm sorry if I scared you earlier. I thought you would attack me if I didn't knock you out", Ty says. "D-d......art?" I ask. A look of surprise comes over his face. "Yeah! That's what it's called. It makes animals and people fall asleep," Ty explains. "So um, Sky?" A voice says from Jason's helmet, "Do you know where your home is? Like, where you were before? Or if there are more of...... you?" Jason cautiously asks. "Wols?" I ask. "No, not wolves. Like more people who can turn from human to wolf". Jason says. I don't answer. For one, I don't know what I am or if there are more of me, two, I don't want to tell. They'd probably use it against me.

Jerome, tacking my silence as his cue to change the subject, quickly cut in, saying, "Well, what about breakfast? We all haven't eaten, and I'm sure Sky doesn't want to stay in here all day". "That's a great idea, Bigumms. Hey Ty, Quentin. Come help me cook some pancakes! All I know how to cook is bacon!" Mitch shouts, making me flinch. Mitch drags Ty and Husky from the room, leaving me alone with Jerome and Jason. Jerome stands up, and beckons me over. Still on all fours, I take a few steps towards him. Without warning, Jerome lunges forward and picks me up. I yelp and squirm a bit, but Jerome only hold tighter. I don't know why, but I trust him, and stopped squirming. Jerome gave me a little squeeze, and carried out of the room. Jason follows behind us. I look at Jason's helmet, a little nervous when I can't even get a glance at his face.

Jerome carries me to the kitchen, where he sets me down on a chair. I set my palms on the seat of there chair, and bring my feet up on the chair, so I'm sitting like a wolf. Jerome giggles a bit at my position. "I forgot that you don't know much about how to act, so can I show you?" Jerome asks. I think a moment, before nodding my head. It wouldn't hurt to learn how to act human. In the long run, I could use the skills to protect my pack. Jerome gently grabs my ankles, sliding my feet off the chair. He then puts my hand on the table. My fingers are pressed together, like a paw. Jerome spreads them out and says, "Fingers are a lot better then paws because you can grab and hold stuff. Here, hold this stick". Jerome hands me a stick from his inventory, I wrap my left hand around it. I look at my fingers, noticing the two joints that allowed me to hold the stick.

Jerome let me break a few sticks, before Jason pops his head from the kitchen. "Breakfast is ready, Jerome, Sky. Come get what you want. "Stay here, Sky. I'll go get you some food," Jerome says while heading to the kitchen. I look over to my left, to see an opportunity. The window is open. I can leave right now and never look back. I almost get up and leave, but a thought struck me. It was selfish, and and broke the law of the pack, but I want to stay for a while. I should be thinking of getting back to my family as soon as possible, but I'm not. Maybe this is what SkyWolf meant when he said wolves and humans think differently. I want to stay because I want to be what Jerome calls a..... friend.

After a few minutes, all the guys come back to the table. They each are carrying different things on..... plates? Yeah, I think that's what they're called. "We didn't know what you would like, Sky. So we made bit of everything," Ty says. "I bet that you'll love French toast!" Quinten shouts. "No way! Pancakes are way better!" Mitch shouts back. Quentin and Mitch argue about french toast and pancakes while Ty laughs. A sound bubbles up in my throat, and soon I'm laughing, too. I like laughing.

Jerome comes over too me, settling a plate in front of me. Stifling my giggles, I listen to what Jerome is saying. "Those two don't know anything about breakfast. Try some bacon! It's the best!" He says. Jerome gives me a pice of metal, which I have no idea what it's for. I look down at the plate, and then I basically face palm onto my plate. Jerome falls to the ground in laughter, while syrup is on my forehead, and a pice of bacon hanging from my mouth. Oh god I love bacon! Mitch, Ty, and Quentin notice Jerome's laughter, look at me, and then collapsed to the floor in a fit of giggles. This was fun. I glance around the room, looking for Jason. "W-Where......... Ja.......son", I ask. "Oh Jason? He said he was going to go do a few errands. He'll be back later", Jerome replies. That's weird, he leaves just as he would of had to take off his helmet to eat. I don't know why, but Jason gives me the creeps.