#7 Jason

(Sky's POV)

After a few swimming lessons, we all head back to camp. When we reach the clearing, I can see Jason had already set up four tents. Jerome and Mitch would share, Ty and Quentin, and me and Jason would get our own. Mitch almost immediately goes over to our bags, and then groans in annoyance. "What is it, Biggums?", Jerome asks. "Your all going to hate me, but I forgot to bring food.....", Mitch grumbles. Everyone moans at the prospect of having to go hunting in the dark. A smile creeps across my face as an idea pops up in my head.

"Hey guys! What h this!", I yell. 'Hey SkyWolf?' 'Ya, what do you need?' 'How would you like to go hunting?' 'Bring it on'. I shift into my wolf form, and my senses instantly become sharper. Five gasps of amazement are heard from my audience. My black color blames in with the shadows, but my white X shimmers in the night. My yellow eyes seem to glow in the fading light.

(SkyWolf's POV)

Completely disregarding the humans, I turn and plunge into the undergrowth. I propel myself through the trees, the smells of the forest surrounding me. What was I suppose to be doing again? Oh right! I was hunting for my..... team. Pack doesn't sound right. My Team.

I quickly track down the scent of pig. I creep behind a bush and begin to stalk the little animal. Before it even knows what's happening, I dart in and end its life. Little remorse is held for the animal, because this is the way the world works. The weak feed the strong. I clamp my jaws around the pigs neck, and drag it back to the camp. My team is all there, except Jerome and Mitch. They probably went hunting too.

I step into the clearing, and three pairs of eyes stare at me. I drop the pig and swipe my tounge arounf my mouth. Why are they staring at me like that? I look down at myself to see my fur covered in blood. Oh. I give a little woof huff, before I walk back to the lake to wash off. If my fur gets wet, it'll take forever to dry, though. Umm....... can't I be like them? Oh yeah! I forgot!

(Sky's POV)

I blink open my green eyes to see the lake. Right where I was. Now that I think about it, I do think differently as a wolf. It's a little weird. I quickly rinse off the pig's blood, and head back to camp. Now I do feel a little guilty. Poor piggy.

I walk into the clearing to see that Jerome and Mitch are back. Five heads turn to stare at me. "What?", I ask. "That was you that killed the pig..... right?", Ty asks. "Yeah.....", I say. "That is both amazing and terrifying! Remind me not to get on your bad side!", Mitch nearly screams. We get a good laugh out of that, and we all settle down to eat some pork chops, mine still raw.

A few hours later, everyone falls asleep one by one, but I can't sleep. I roll around fidget in my sleeping bag for a few more minutes before I get up and walk towards a cliff I saw earlier. I sit down with my legs dangling off the cliff, gazing at the stars. The stars always look the same, no matter where you are. I can make out some of the consolations that my mother showed me. Like the golden wolf, who always faces the north.

A stick cracks behinds me, and I shoot up and into a tree. "If I'm correct, it's cats that climb trees", Jason says through his helmet. "Don't scare me like that! You gave me an attack to my heat!", I shout down. "You mean a heart attack?" Jason guesses. "What ever it is! Point is, don't do that again. You're a little creepy, to be honest", I admit. I drop down from my branch, landing in front of Jason.

We sink into a bit of an awkward silence, neither of us having much to say. "Jason? W-Why do you always were your helmet", I hesitantly ask. He sighs before replying with, "If you really want to know, then you can't tell anyone. I'm only willing to tell you because I know that I'm scaring you. But..... there is a reason". I pause, before nodding my head. I need to know the truth. I need to see his face. Jason slumps his shoulders, and reaches for the latches on the side of his helmet. "Y-You sure?", he asks one finale time. I nod again.

Jason takes off his helmet, and I stifle a gasp. Half of his face is covered in black skin. Half of his blond hair is a dark grey, and one of his eyes are a glowing white. He also takes off his gloves to reveal that one hand his fine, the other coated in black. "What happened to you, Jason?", I breath out. "I built my spacesuit before this happened. The only thing that could power it for years to come is a heather star. So, I went to fight a wither. It was almost dead when some of the wither's blood got into a cut on my arm. I killed the wither, but I got the wither's curse. Anything that I touch with my withered hand will slowly die, very painfully", Jason says while pulling his gloves back on.

Careful not to touch his skin, I wrap my arms around him and give Jason a big hug. "I-I sorry that you have to live with this. No one should have a curse like that", I tell him. "I-I'm just glad that you didn't run away with your tail between your legs", Jason snickers. I playfully punch him before we head back to camp. Looks like there was a reason that I didn't fall asleep tonight. (You have no idea. But Seto does!)