#4 The Freinds

(Ty's POV)

What. The. Hell!? Who is in the bedroom! What happened to the wolf? Why was the guy growling? Why is he eating raw meat? All these questions swirled around in my head until I felt like it would explode. Oh god, what am I going to do now? Ok, let's think about this. I left the wolf in the bedroom, the door and window locked. When I came back this morning, their was a man their instead. The guy growled at me, and walked in all fours. He then preceded to take and eat raw meat. Then he went under the bed. The person is acting like........ a wolf. Oh god. I need proof before I will commit to this idea, but I think this guy and the wolf are the same thing. Maybe there a similarities between the two? I didn't really get a good look at him.

Just then, the doorbell rang. I jump up and race to the door. My friends are here! They'll help me with this. I open the door to see the guys, Mitch, Jerome, Quentin, and Jason. "Finally! Took you all long enough!" I shout. "What do you mean, Ty? It's not even nine yet, were early!", Quentin throws back. Quentin is a mudkip hybrid. "You can't blame us for your house being far away", Mitch jokes. Mitch wore a black and red checkered hoodie, with a diamond sword strapped to his back. "I was awake at seven, but Mitch wouldn't get up", Jerome complains. Jerome is a baca hybrid. He looks like a baca, but in his heart and mind, he is human. Him and Mitch are like brothers, and live together. "It only took me like 15 minutes to get here!", Jason says. He wears a spacesuit and helmet, along with a jet pack and laser gun on his arm.

"I have a huge problem that I need your guy's help with. If you don't want to, then that's fine, but you'll have to leave for today at least", I say. "Well I'm not walking all the way back, so I'm with you, Ty", Jerome says. The rest also agree to stay. "Well, ok then. Just try not to freak out till the door is closed again", I say. The other exchange strange looks, but follow me anyway. I walk toward the door, hearing movement from the bedroom. I give my friends a 'don't say I didn't warn you' look, and unlocked the door. I opened the door wide enough for us all to see in. They all gasp when we see a pair of green wolf eyes staring at us from underneath the bed.

I reach out my arm and flip on the light switch. I hear Jerome gasp and the rest of them just stare some more. Examining the boy, I can see he has long, messy hair, and an amulet around his neck. He's wearing dark clothing, with cut off sleeves. I stifle a shout of victory when I see an X on his shoulder. I have proof! Well, besides his eyes. A low growl is heard from the boy, so I motion for the guys to back up. I shut the door, locking it in case he could open the door.

I look behind me to see my friends staring at me. "What the hack is that!?", Jerome immediately asks. "I honestly have no idea, but you don't know the half of it. When I brought 'him' home, he was a wolf", I say. "What? You stole a wolf that then turned into a person!", Mitch shouts. "Why did you steal a wolf in the first place?", Jason asks. "I got him from that 'animal show' down the road. I didn't want them to hurt him, so I took him here. I left him alone for the night, and when I checked on him this morning, it was a dude.", I explain. "How do you know it's the same..... creature.", Jason says. "A few reasons actually. I saw it walking in all fours, and it was just growling at us. Not to mention his eyes. Do you think it's some kind of hybrid, Jerome?", I say. "I don't think so. No hybrid I know can shift between human and animal", Jerome replies. Quentin, who had been silent the whole time, suddenly spoke, "We should take him to Seto. He can probably figure out what he is. The only problem is how we're going to get him there".

We fall silent, thinking of how we could get him to Seto. "Umm guys", Jason starts,"Have we tried to talk to him? He might understand us". I faceplam. I can tell we all feel stupid now. "Maybe Jerome and I should go in first though, he might feel more comfortable with hybrids", Quientin offers. "Worth a shot." I say, "lets go talk to wolf boy".

(Sky's POV)

I had asked 'SkyWolf' to make 'us' half wolf, so I could listen to the human's conversation. I could only understand about half of what they say,since I'm half human half wolf. When Ty said they were coming in, SkyWolf took away my wolf features, and I couldn't hear him anymore. I back up into the corner, still on all fours. I don't want to go to this 'Seto' person. I just want to get back to my family. They probably know what's wrong with me. Maybe. Or I could just not say anything and go back to my perfect life.

The door opens, and in walks a..... baca? Followed behind him is some sort of fish hybrid. They close the door after them, blocking my chance to escape. I growl threateningly, trying to make them understand I don't want anything to do with them. The baca crouched down on the ground, trying to look smaller. He would only do that if he is trying to look non-threatening. I softened my growl, only the smallest bit, to let him know I noticed. Bacas aren't wolves, but we share some of the same customs. The fish hybrid then crouches down behind the baca.

The baca noticed my growl lower, and gave me a smile. Didn't I smile when I was happy? A smile means someone is happy? Something in my soul has an urge to make people happy, and I stop growling, but stay against the wall. The baca smiles more, and then tries talking to me. I understand most of the words, but some I don't know or feel familiar. "Hi, my name's Jerome. Don't be ____. I'm ____ to help. Can ____ talk to me?" He says. So he has a name? He talks like a human, so he must be a hybrid. I don't know if I can even talk like him, so I just make a sound in the back of my throats that sounds like a soft grunt. My throats feels a little weird trying to make the sound of words.

Jerome, hearing the grunt, motioned to the fish. "This is Quentin. He's a mudkip hybrid", Jerome says. It took me a moment, but I managed to to say, "fi-". My voice sounds rough, probably because I've never talked before. "What's fi?" Quentin asks slowly. I lift up my arm and make a swimming motion. "A fish?" Jerome asks. I nod and point to Husky. Jerome bursts out laughing, and Husky groans. "H-he ___ you a f-fish!" Jerome says between laughs. I decide that I like making people laugh and smile, it makes me feel good.

Once Jerome calmed down, he asks, "So, do you have a name?". I don't know how to say it, so turn my amulet to the back, and show them the name engraved their. "Your name is Sky?" Husky asks. "Sss-ky" I repeat. "Good! Now we have something to call you!" Jerome exclaims, "Do you mind if I let some more friends into the room? I promise they won't hurt you". I mange to get out, "ow men......y?". Jerome smiles at my attempt to speak, and says, "Only three. They're really nice. And one of them is the person who brought you hear". I slowly nod my head, and Jerome gets up to open the door.