Changed Life

CHAPTER 1

It was the day before my birthday. I was about to turn 16. I remembered my mother's last words:  

"Be careful on your 16th birthday, your life will change."  

I never really got what she meant. I was about to discover the change tomorrow.

I woke up the next morning to find that the house was unbelievably quiet. Usually, my dad would be making a lot of noise downstairs trying to make food, or I would've been able to listen to the news from the Radio! I checked my alarm clock to see if it had rung late and it rang exactly at 7:00. I wasn't late. I got up and I brushed my teeth, took a shower with cold water, combed my hair, put on a pair of skinny jeans and a baggy, blue shirt. I ran downstairs to find it empty. I ran into the kitchen, and there, I saw it. My dad was dead, right there. Why was there no furniture? How did my dad die? I found a note on the refrigerator:

Dear Lauren,  

I have to leave this house today. I have to leave you from now on. I promised you mom. I will miss you. I hope you stay safe for the rest of your life. Please wear that blue bracelet I gave you after your mom died. It will keep you out of danger.  

Love Dad

What promise? What did the bracelet have to do with keeping me safe? I called 9-1-1 and 15 minutes later, my house was full with cops. The cops asked me a bunch of questions and I replied as shortly as possible. I tried not to cry by holding my tears back, but it was very difficult. I now had lost both of my parents. What a birthday! I asked the cops if I was able to leave the house and go to school, and then cops were okay with it. As soon as I walked out the door, I spotted this guy staring at me. He had dark brown eyes, black hair, pale skin and was kind of tall. He was wearing a black leather jacket, black designer jeans and black shoes. This guy so looked good, but it wasn't the time to think about anything like that.  

"What are you doing here, aren't you supposed to be at school right now?" I asked.  

"Your dad just died didn't he. You really should wear your blue bracelet. Your dad meant what he said and stay away from people who seem too nice to trust. And if you see anything outside of normal, don't mention it to anyone!" the guy replied, and with that, he left.  

"WAIT! What's your name? And how do you know all this? How do you know what my dad wrote on his note?" I yelled, but he just walked away.

Why couldn't I trust anyone? Why was that blue bracelet special anyways. I had too many thoughts in my head. Maybe going to school where I had all my friends would be fine.

As soon as I got to school, my friends Zoey, Isabel and Jack came up to me crying.  

"We're so sorry about your dad. We hope you're okay." said my friends at once.  

How'd they know m dad died?  

"Wait a minute, how do you know he died?" I asked.  

"IT WAS ALL OVER THE NEWS!" yelled out Jack.  

That wasn't good. I could just imagine the headline! Nick Conrad, dead, leaving Lauren Conrad alone! Uggh, this was horrible. By the way, no, I am not the fashion designer, celebrity, Lauren Conrad. I am just a poor little 16 year old who lost her parents, Lauren Conrad.  

"Oh," was all that came out of me.  

"By the way," started Zoey.  

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"screamed Jack and Isabel.  

"Thanks, I said with a little grin. And there he was. The guy that was in front of my house. The good-looking one.  

"Remember what I said. Careful.." was all he said and walked away. I was getting really furious right now. What did he mean? I wanted to follow him, but he was gone.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of chapter one. What did you guys think? Please vote, comment, and become a fan if possible. Thanks!