"Who's texting you?" - "Umm. Nobody."

(Y/N) sat on the Gallagher's couch with her legs placed over Carl's lap while they watched movies and talking shit. Debbie had just left them to go to the pool and everyone else was either upstairs or out doing their own thing. They were actually glad that no one else was around them, they always made stupid comments about how touchy touchy they are with each other. 

The talking stopped but the silence was peaceful and calming to the young couple. They had a relationship where they could spend the whole day together in silence and it wouldn't get awkward. They were currently on the couch with the tv running in the back ground while they looked and scrolled through their phones. 

"You're staying for dinner tonight, right?" Carl asked, looking at (Y/N) who had now looked up from her phone to look at him. A smile spread across her face as she quickly nodded her head a little too excitedly. She has always loved spending time with the Gallagher's and they all loved having (Y/N) around. From the moment that they had started started dating and Carl introduced her to the family, they had a strong liking for her since she brought the best out of Carl.  He let out a laugh as he watched her get all excited, that was one of the many things that he loved about her. Little things made her excited and happy so it definitely didn't take much to make her happy. 

"I love spending time with you." (Y/N) spoke. Carl loved the sound of her voice and could listen to it all day long. 

"Good, because I love spending time with you." 

(Y/N)  continued looking through her phone when Carl heard her phone buzz. She laughed a little and clicked buttons on her phone with her thumbs. He didn't feel jealous or anything but curiosity got the best of him. 

"Who's texting you?" He questions. (Y/N) looked up, her smile slowly fading but it was still present. 

"Umm. Nobody." She replied, looking away. How could she tell him? She couldn't. Carl's eyes shifted as thoughts drifted through his head, he pushed them away and nodded his head. He didn't want to come off as jealous so he decided to keep his mouth shut. As (Y/N) went back to her phone Carl watched her.  Thoughts kept drifting into his head and he couldn't push them away no matter how hard he tried. Was she texting another guy? Was he now not good enough for her? 

"What?" (Y/N) asked, locking her phone and putting it in her pocket. Carl shook his head and looked ahead at the tv. (Y/N) had seen the look in his eyes and sighed. "Carl." She softly said, getting his attention. He slowly pulled his eyes away from the tv and onto her. Sadness and confusion had now flooded them as he waited for her to continue.  "I know that you won't be able to sleep tonight and it will be going through your head all night long." 

"No I won't." Carl defended. 

"I know you." (Y/N) laughed, "if you really must know, Debbie and I were going to surprise you and take you out for your birthday and she sent me a funny meme." She explained. Carl started to relax as (Y/N) showed him her phone with the texts from Debbie. "See?" She smiled. The thing is, she was patient with him and never got made or annoyed with him like other girls did. 

"Sorry for ruining it." He said, looking down ashamed at his over thinking. 

"Don't be." 

"But it was a surprise that you've been working on." 

"Don't worry about it. Just act surprised so Debbie doesn't know that you found out." (Y/N) laughed. 

"Deal." Carl laughed, placing his hand on (Y/N)'s leg.