Jack Gilinsky: Breathe.

JACK GILINSKY:

Jack and I sat across the table from his parents sharing laughs, smiles and cute kisses. 
I smiled at Jack’s parents, they were so cute so in love it was adorable.
“So Y/N, have you thought of colleges?” 
“I have a few in mind.” I said smiling at Jack’s mom. She nodded her head smiling at me. 
Jack’s hand found mine underneath the table giving my hand a light squeeze. Jack and I have talked about going go the same college, it was still being discussed. I would love to spend the rest of my life with Jack, but I also want to see him live his dream. I smiled as he kissed my cheek. 
He leaned closer into my ear, “I love you.” He whispered. “I love you too.” 
“Ladies, and gentlemen. If you could please calmly make your way into the the locker rooms, there has been a tornado warning and we must take cover.” My heart dropped as Jack stood up taking me with him, my hands began shaking, Jack placed his hand on the small of my back pushing me forward. I inhaled as I walked into the locker room that instantly started getting smaller, I felt like I was being trapped, the room closing in on me. I was claustrophobic I didn’t bother telling Jack I always made sure I stayed away from closed off spaces. My breathing became shallow and I could feel the sweat on my forehead, I became dizzy. 
“Babe?” Jack said looking at me worriedly.
“Jack.” I said breathlessly. 
“Babe!” He said again, holding me by my arms. 
I slid from his hold sliding down to the floor I leaned against the lockers wrapping my arms around my legs placing my face between my legs. I kept inhaling and exhaling but nothing was working the more people crowded in the more I couldn’t breathe. My chest began hurting. 
“Y/N.” Jack called kneeling in front of me. His voice held with worry.
“Mom, dad!” Jack screamed I could hear their voices zoning in and out. 
Jack grabbed my legs, saying my name over and over again.
I could hear Jack’s mom, comfort me while his dad went looking for a wet towel and bottle of water that he could get his hands on.
“Y/N sweetheart, if you can hear me grip Jack’s fingers.” I squeezed my eyes shut tighter trying to calm my breathing my shaky fingers gripped Jack’s fingers weakly.
“Squeeze them as tight as you can okay?” I squeezed Jack’s fingers he raised my hand to his mouth kissing my hand repeatedly. 
“Babe, it’s going to be okay, everything is going to be okay.” Jack kept repeating over and over again. I could feel my chest tighten I felt so closed off I couldn’t breathe.
“Y/N.” Jack’s mom said, “Take a few deep breaths okay?” She began inhaling and exhaling, I inhaled and exhaled with her. I felt Jack’s finger tips underneath my chin as he lifted my head up. I kept my eyes closed, I felt his smooth lips on my forehead. 
Jack grabbed my hand unraveling each finger from my fist formation. My fingers and knuckles were white from clenching so hard.
“Open your eyes baby, I’m right here. I’m right here.” I opened my eyes coming into view with Jack’s face, his facial expressions softened as he saw my tear streaked face. He grabbed me for a hug holding me tightly to his chest.
Jack’s dad came back with a towel and a bottle of water Jack grabbed them wiping my tears away and wiping my forehead with the towel. I relaxed against Jack’s chest his breathing relaxing me.
“I’m so sorry.” I croaked looking up at him and his worried family.
“You have nothing to apologize for.” His mom said squeezing my hand.
“Thank you, for everything.” I said looking up at his parents. They both smiled at me giving Jack and I space. Jack looked down at me his hand rubbing over my hand.
“You scared the shit out of me.” 
“I know I’m sorry. I should have told you. But I didn’t think I would go into a full panic attack.” I mumbled looking down at my sandals. 
“You don’t have to hide these things from me, if I would have know you were claustrophobic I would have taken you somewhere else. I’m so sorry.” He said kissing my shoulder blade.
“You have nothing to apologize for, thank you for staying with me.” I said looking up at him.
“Always and forever.” Jack said intertwining our free hands together his lips found mine, making my breathing hitch again in a good way this time.