Chapter 23 - F.O.O.D

CHAPTER 23

ELZA

I grew into a youngster, an eighteen years' girl, then a wife and now I am a to-be-mother; nothing remained persistent at any stage.

Physique?

Nah!

Not only the physique, but the whole life changes, at every step of lifespan.

Though I am under twenty, I have no negative thoughts about the existence getting nourishment in my womb. Who am I to question its existence?

I am quite happy with this baby. Infact, I have never been happier. The news of my pregnancy had spread out like a fire earning me congratulations, wishes and gifts from all over the world. There is no baby bump for now despite my yearn to feel it. It has been only 11 weeks; how can a big bump appear so soon? Idiot!

Currently, my mouth is stuffed with the laddu Mom made. Finally, she has fully accepted my baby. She was so resistant in first full month. After that she started to soften up notch by notch. Nope, she did not play evil, that happens in dramatic soaps only. Being the responsible grandmother to be, she has been indirectly looking out for my meal but this is the first time she is directly feeding me.

The fresh orange color of normal sized rounds is tremendously tempting. Yes, I am eating you, babies.

What to tell... If not at typical points, you have got to bear a thing or two after the marriage. I did the same – gladly, for the man I am linked with. His sincerity always refrains me from disrespecting his parents. Seems, the respect of parents from the wife is in the hand of a husband. Which girl on the earth will respect the parents of the abusive man who does not limit himself to the venoms of words?

Ew, what crap points I am thinking!

I quickly shrug them off and focus on the affection hail. Mom circles three blue notes over my head and gives it to the maid. A remedy to save me from bad and evil eyes.

"Here, I am keeping them in this box. You take this to your room after eating." Mom orders with sheer adoration filling the transparent bowl with the fresh laddus to keep them covered.

"Not all the things are for you." Airab, out of a sudden, comments and I giggle showing him my half eaten laddu. He is on Skype call.

No, he has not gone all Majnu. In decent words, he has started to ping me with video calls on WhatsApp or Skype, and surprisingly he finds me eating every time. Don't ask about my weight and yeah don't... I seriously mean don't go to my face.

How lucky are those women who go more beautiful during pregnancy!

"Well, for now, mom has only made for me. You can ask her to make for you." I joke around and mom takes some distance giving privacy. No need...The volume is on. Everyone around can easily hear him up.

"Don't forget she is my mother." He flaunts off looking upward from some file at his table. Gawd! Why he has to look so irresistibly handsome at work? Surely, women there would want to do anything it takes to get under him.

"You are already strong enough." I speak, trying to keep my voice at merely audible pitch. To cap my meaning, I add a wink.

"Ahem..." He clears his throat, straightening the tie.

"Now, shoo, do your work. I have much things to eat and then a test to read. Wow, rhyme..." I appreciate my own self, giggling high, enjoying his small laugh.