I nodded and waved at him, "No worries."

"I owe you," he said as he pointed at me. He then got up and wandered back to his soccer team.

"What's his problem?" Colton asked with an attitude.

I laughed at his childish behavior and tilted my head, "He just came to say thanks, Colton."

"Yeah but he didn't have to be rude about it."

I shook my head at Colton and continued eating the ice cream.

- - -

"Thanks Colton," I hummed before closing the door to his BMW. I stretched my arms out and Colton raced off in his car. I sighed as I take a look at my cute, little house. I can get use to this little place. I smiled upon the thought.

"Rawr!" a loud scream from behind me hollered.

I released a terrified scream as I first turned around and shoved the person with all my strength. So much strength that I also lost balance and fell flat on the grass.

Austin stood there doubling over laughing.

"How are you going to push me, and you end up falling?" he questioned, laughing as if it was the funniest thing that ever happened.

I rolled my eyes, yet sighed in relief.

"You're a jerk." I mumbled underneath my breath.

"Who was that?" Austin calmed down as he questioned, "He has a nicer car than mine and dad's. Is that your boyfriend?"

Austin handed me his hand before I grabbed onto it, pulling myself up.

"No, it's Colton. Just a friend," I said slightly blushing.

"Just a friend?" he questioned as he squeezed my cheeks, "Or is that my little sister's crush?" He stuck a tongue out and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. We both walked towards the front entrance of the house.

"Just a friend." I said.

Austin grabbed the keys and unlocked the door.

"Oh! I almost forgot," Austin said before he reached into his backpack. He pulled out a grey side bag, similar to my old one.

"For some reason, your old bad had blood all over it?" Austin rose his eyebrows questionably and held the new bag out towards me, "I don't want to know if you killed someone, just take it." He stated bluntly.

I smiled widely and hopped in his arms.

"Austin!" I exclaimed.

"This is so cute!" I cried and hugged him tightly around the neck, "Aw my sweet, sweet brother!"

Austin chuckled as he hugged me back tightly, before pushing me off of him. "Okay, I need to study. I have a midterm tomorrow and it would be nice to have you not groan every single time you see your homework."

Putting my hands on my waist, I looked at Austin, "Is this your way of kicking me out of the house?"

Austin grabbed my shoulders and turned back around to face the door, "Yes, little sister," he commented before forcing my small body towards the door. "I love you, but I need absolutely no distraction in this house."

I turned back around to Austin and batted my eyelashes, "I mean, I guess I can leave you alone. But what can an eighteen-year-old girl do without a little bit of money in her pocket?" I tilted my head to the side and leaned towards Austin.

He sighed and reached for his wallet, pulling out a five-dollar bill. "Here you go." He smiled wildly before opening the door and leading me out the door.

"What am I going to guy with this?" I called out, clutching the five-dollar bill in my hand. I still had my old bloody side bag with me. "Should've at least let me switch my bag," I mumbled underneath my breath.

I looked up at the sun setting directly in front of me. The sunset was absolutely beautiful. The color of purple, pink, red and orange blended so well together in the sky. I walked towards the edge of my lawn and set my stuff down on the concrete. I reached into my bag and pulled out my sketchbook, along with a bunch of color pencils.

I lost track of time as I started doodling the colors of the sunset. The sun set was quickly replaced by the moon as I finished the rest of my artwork with just my memory. I breathed in deeply as I continued to blend the colors smoothly onto my paper.

"What are you drawing?" a voice above me spoke out.

I tuned out the voice and continued drawing. I heard the voice, however I was too busy finishing up my artwork and assumed it was Austin's voice.

"Leave me alone Austin," I mumbled underneath my breath as I used my fingers to blend the colors together on the paper.

"Austin?" the voice questioned.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up towards the voice.

Isaiah stood there, munching on his chips.

"Who's Austin?" he innocently asked me as he continued to shove his face with chips. He set his duffel bag down and casually invited himself to sit next to me.

"My brother," I responded blankly, before putting my attention back onto my drawing. "Why are you, here?"

"I'm just walking home. Why are you sitting out here?" Isaiah asked as he peered over my shoulder.

"No reason."

A moment of silence passed by. "Are you always this," he paused, "boring?"

I released a soft chuckle and looked at him. I didn't take any offense in what he said. Instead, I agreed with him. "I guess so. Better than putting on a show for people, right?"

"Is that supposed to be targeted towards me?" he asked me, offended. He sat up straight and turned his whole body towards me.

"Of course not." I shrugged.

"Wanna see a cool trick?" Isaiah got up out of nowhere, catching my full attention.

I looked up at him.

He crumbled up the empty bag of chips and tossed it at his foot and kicked it softly. The empty bag of chips immediately leaped towards my face. As soon as I felt the impact from the bag, I laughed and put my hands over my face.

"What the heck!" I called out and laughed at the situation. Isaiah looked at me nervously, before laughing along.

"Sorry! Not that," Isaiah picked up the empty bag of chips again. This time, I inched a little bit further from Isaiah and pulled my knee towards my chest in case I needed to take cover from the chip bag.

Isaiah dropped the bag of chips on his foot and bounced it repetitively multiple times before kicking it above his head. I watched in amusement before he caught the bag of chips with his mouth.

I laughed and clapped my hands together like an amused child. Isaiah took the bag of chips away from his mouth and sat back down next to me.

"Ta da!" he childishly screeched.

I smiled at him. My front door opened as my brothercalled out, "Aubrey!"    

- - - 

How do you like the story so far?

x apricitys