Part 4 - Family Business

The lot were sitting in the living room. Yui was to the right of (Y/N), Ayato was to the right of Yui and Laito was to the left of (Y/N), all sitting on the same couch. Subaru stood near one of the pillars, Shuu slept on a another sofa, and Reiji sat on his chair. Kanato played with Teddy silently.
       "Seeing that you will be staying here for a while, we would like to know more about you," Reiji spoke deeply. "Each of us has a question for you. I shall begin..." there was silence in the room, silence that would pierce your eardrum, deafening silence, "why do you live alone?"
       All eyes were on the stranger in the room. She decided to start. She did not know what to say. "My father died," she stuttered, "my mother did not want to keep me, she couldn't. We didn't have enough money. I was put up for adoption. No one would adopt a child so old, everybody wants babies, not high school students. I finally got a job. The adoption center agreed to pay half of my bills, which was nice. But I still needed to muster ¥11000 a month on a ¥9500 monthly salary. I barely had any money for food. Always, I could never have anybody over, I had to live alone. I could barely afford myself."
"Why didn't you stay?" He asked.
"There's no point in staying somewhere where you will be abused and forgotten."
Ayato looked towards (Y/N), "abused you say?" He questioned, "tell yours truly how they abused you. It must have been nice."
       Ignoring that last comment, she spoke. "They just didn't let me go outside. I wasn't able to speak with the other kids, they isolated me. When adoption parties came once a month, I wasn't aloud to go. Not only that, they would take their time feeding the younger kids, ignoring me until the last minute when they only had crumbs left."
"Must've been terrible," Kanato stated. "Say, Teddy, maybe we can show her a different kind of terrible," he smiled, his eyes widened, "do you like pain?" He asked menacingly.
"Don't be a god damn pervert, Kanato," Subaru yelled at him, the wall was fractured. "Don't you think we should get to know her more before asking those kinds of things? What's your problem, damnit?"
"Oh, don't worry," he laughed, "I know her well." He started to giggle. "Don't we, Teddy?" He started to grasp his bear, holding it to his chest.
Shuu leaned up from his resting position. He opened his blue eyes. "What'd we say her name was?" He asked.
The room was in shock. "This is the result when children are spoiled by their parents," he scoffed. "Tch." Reiji adjusted his glasses, pushed them up the bridge of his nose. "Did you not hear the entirety of that conversation? Sometimes I wonder why you-"
"I am (Y/N)," she said again, repeating it for Shuu. She had to cut off Reiji, she could tell things would escalate if she didn't.
     "(Y/N)," he retorted, "who would name a child such an ugly thing? Reminds me of a pink whale."
     "You didn't have to put salt on the wound, you know," she replied with a tone of annoyance.
     "(Y/N)," Yui put her hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder. She whispered, "I wouldn't say things like that f I were you. Just don't," she warned.

(Y/N)'S POV

"Why not?" I looked at Yui. "I want to know some things about them, too, you know," I stood up. Laito looked me up and down. "Why do you pervs care what my past it? What's yours?" I demanded.
Laito pulled my arm, I fell onto him, in his lap. "My little bitch, there is no reason to be so rude," he chuckled, "you'll figure all that out eventually. Just guessing, since you have better common sense than the little bitch sitting next to you."
"For your information," Reiji started, "we are all half brothers. We have the same father, different mothers. Laito, Kanato and Ayato share the same mother. Me and Shuu share the same. Subaru has yet another mother. We killed our mothers. We won't hesitate to do the same to you."
Subaru stood against the wall, shattered like Greek glass. Kanato's eyes grew in size, they widened. "Who are you to have the right to know that information?" He grew angrier with each word. "You know, Teddy, women so blind to our needs shouldn't be forgiven. It is unforgivable to be so selfish. Isn't that right, Teddy?" He was calm. His voice was that of a child. "Right?! We should punish her, no?" He was aggressive now. Aiming all of his troubles at me. His mouth was a gun, words, bullets.
"Listen," I spat out, "Kanato," I trembled, "I didn't mean to offend you, I am sorry, but-"
"No excuses," he yelled, "no apologies." He grasped his teddy bear tight. He bound the bear to his chest.
"I didn't kn-" I stopped. I didn't want to take the risk in provoking him to the point of violence. "I-" I was stopped by a sudden thrust into the air. Laito stood up. I, of course, did, too. My hands were in his. His breath hit my ears, it smelled faintly like blood. His hair brush against my neck and ears.
"I will excuse the selfishness of my little bitch this one time," he said into my ear, "next time I won't be so forgiving. Though, I know that you are smart, no? So you can figure out what will happen if you disobey us, offend us, once more."
Ayato spoke, "we may have to kill you."
"I promise," I said, "I will submit. Just... can you let me go? Your hands. They are too tight. It hurts!" I struggled. I moved my body and arms to try to get away from Laito. "Forgive me, Kanato, please." I begged him.
    "Should we, Teddy?" Kanato asked, "she is begging like a dog, I think we should." He started laughing. Tears started falling down my face. The pain in my hands intensified. "You are so beautiful, drenched in tears and regret. I think I may have to forgive you."
    "Thank you," I was let go my Laito. I fell onto the ground, I landed on my knees, I looked up at the 7 sitting above me. "I am sorry." I had given up. No more fighting for me. It was clear that no matter how hard I tried, I will never be able to win. Even if I had the power of 20 vampires, they would still take me back.

SO GUYS! I WROTE THE KANATO PART, THEN DUMB ME ERASED IT AND SAVED BY ACCIDENT. SO I HAD TO REWRITE IT! IT TURNED OUT BETTER THAN I EXPECTED BUT I AM STILL SAD BECAUSE THE FIRST KANATO THING WAS REALLY GOOD!