Friday

Marinette's POV

I woke up late, as per usual, with only 15 minutes to get ready. I grabbed a random outfit and threw it on.

          Once dressed, I ran downstairs, grabbed a croissant from the bakery, and said goodbye to Aunt Stacy and Uncle Michael before running out the door and down the street

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Once dressed, I ran downstairs, grabbed a croissant from the bakery, and said goodbye to Aunt Stacy and Uncle Michael before running out the door and down the street. I made it to class with only 30 seconds before the bell rang. I sat down with a large sigh.
"Girl, that was so close!" Alya whispered to me as Ms. Bustier started taking role.
"I know. I woke up 15 minutes ago." I whispered back with a small chuckle.
"Also, you look super good today. I'm totally loving your change in style" she whispered
"Thanks, I kinda just grabbed a random outfit and threw it on."
"Alya Cesaire! Marinette Roberts! Please don't talk in my class!" Ms. Bustier said loudly, in a slightly annoyed tone.
"Yes, ma'am!" We yelled in unison.

~Time skip-last 15 minutes of class~

"Okay, students. I have an announcement. Our class, as you know, won the school-wide reading challenge," she said referring to the challenge that in order to win, we had to collectively read 150 books in two months. "and the grand prize" she finished.
"Okay, so what's the grand prize?" Rose asked.
"Well, it was going to be pizza for lunch, but somebody donated €42,600 ($50,000) for our class to go to China, to watch the princess's coronation!" She said excitedly. The whole class buzzed with excitement. I, however, went pale and my mouth gaped open like a fish. ' We're going home. They're going to my coronation, although none of them know it's mine. I knew I was going to have to tell them eventually, but I did not expect them to be there. I mean, I figured they'd be suspicious when I left for two weeks, but I thought I could just play it off like I was going on holiday.' My thoughts raced. 'I bet it's my parents who donated the money.' The whole class was talking all at once.
"Who donated that much money?" Someone asked.
"Well, I can't answer that. But I think it'll become very obvious once we get there." Ms. Bustier said. "I am handing out a packing list and permission slip now. Since this is so last-minute, we need you to have your parents sign it over lunch break and turn it in by the end of the day. We leave Monday. Class dismissed"
We started grabbing our bags. "Mari, can you believe it? We're going to China!" Alya said excitedly. "Y-yeah." I said shakily. "Are you okay girl? What's wrong?" She asked.
"Oh, yeah, I'm good. Hey, i'm going to run home for lunch, to get my slip signed and help in the bakery. You can come if you want, but it won't be very much fun, since I'll just be behind the counter." I shrugged.
"No thanks, I've already got plans with Nino. I'll see you when class gets back in" we hugged, and went our separate ways for lunch.
Once home, I asked aunt Stacy and uncle Michael if I could talk to them. They said yes, and since there weren't any customers in the bakery, we spoke by the registers. "So... My whole class is coming to my coronation, huh?" I asked slightly mad.
"Oh, yeah, about that... Your parents insisted. They even sent over €42,600"
"Yeah, I heard." I said, sighing. "Since everyone will find out soon anyway, can I please tell Alya? She won't say anything. She could be my lady-in-waiting" I beg. They look at each other skeptically, and Michael rubs the back of his neck.
"Okay. Have her come over after school, and we'll explain everything." Stacy said. Just then, a group of about seven customers came in, ending our conversation. I ate a sandwich and just before I had to leave, I had Michael sign my permission slip. Once I got back into class, I asked Alya to come over after school, as I had something very important to tell her.

~Time skip after class~

"Okay, has everyone turned in their permission slip?" The class all mumbled yes. "All right then. Everyone but Marinette is dismissed."
My heart began beating faster. Why does she need to see me? I glanced over at Alya and she mouthed 'I'll be outside the classroom.' I nodded and went to Ms. Bustier's desk. Once everyone was out I said "yes, miss?"
"So, I spoke to your parents. Your real parents. I know who you are, your highness. But I just wanted you to know that it was your parents who donated the money, and I want to thank them and you. This will be so fun for the class." She said, with a smile. I returned the gesture.
"Of course. Please don't treat me any differently now, though. I have a feeling I'll already be getting enough of that." "Of course. Now, go get ready for your coronation. I'm sure you have lots of planning to do" she winked. I nodded and smiled. I grabbed my bag and waved as I walked out the door.
"What was that about?" Alya asked
"Not much. She just had a question about my last test" I lied. She just nodded. On our way home, I explained that my 'parents' were closing the bakery early tonight to talk to us. We'd hang out until six, when we'll all talk and they would explain everything. She nodded.
"This better not be some stupid joke, Mari."
"Trust me, it's not."
~Time skip 6pm~
We hung out in my room until Stacy called us down to the living room. Her and Michael were sitting on the loveseat, across from the couch. Alya and I sat there.
"So, Alya, what we're about to tell you might shock you, but you can't tell anyone. Not until Saturday at least." Michael said. I saw Alya's face scrunch up in confusion. "Let's start it this way. I'm Stacy Roberts and this is Michael Roberts. And we're not Marinette's parents."

3rd person POV

They explained everything to Alya, Marinette only chiming in once in a while. Alya's mind raced. 'My best friend is the princess of China?! I guess that explains why she doesn't really look like Stacy and Michael.' "Holy cow" she muttered when they were finished. Stacy and Michael left the room, giving them some privacy. After the shock wore off, Alya was super excited. The two girls talked for about an hour, Alya asking thousands of questions about Marinette's life in the castle. 8 PM came and Alya had to go home, but not before she gave Marinette a hug and said, "Thank you. For trusting me with this. I love you, girl. I'll see you Monday."
After Marinette had dinner with Stacy and Michael, she went to her room where a certain cat decided to give her a visit.

Marinette's POV

Chat Noir has been visiting me most days for about two months now. I was sitting in my chair when I heard a *tap, tap, tap* at the window. I've basically told him everything about me, except my three biggest secrets: I'm Ladybug, I'm the princess of China, and I'm in love with Adrien.
"Hey, Kitty." "Hey purrrincess. I love your shirt." He said with a wink. I blushed, and before I could stutter response, he said, "also, so you know, I'll be gone for a week. I'm leaving Monday and coming back one week later."
"Oh, okay. What are coincidence. As am I." I said, not thinking much of it.
"Oh, are you going to the Chinese princess's coronation? Didn't you grow up there?"
"Yes and yes. Are you?" "Yeah." "Well, don't stalk me. If you show up at my window, I will have to start calling you a peeping Tom."
"Me-owch, Princess! How would I even know where you're staying?"
"I don't know. You're just creepy like that."
"You wound me, princess." He fell to the floor dramatically. I giggled at his actions. Truth is, he slowly made its way into my heart. I don't love him, but he's become one of my closest friends, next to Alya. And it's true, I might have a small, tiny, minuscule crush on him.
We decided to watch a movie together, sitting close together on my bed, the laptop on my lap. Halfway through, I fell asleep, and the next thing I remember, I woke up slightly when he laid me down and covered me in blankets. I watched as he put away my laptop, and wrote a note, sticking it to my desk, which I assume was telling me where he went so I wouldn't worry in the morning. I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep, but when he kissed my forehead and whispered, "good night, princess." I couldn't help but smile.

(A/N) I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Sorry if anything is weird, such as the quotation marks facing the wrong way, because my iPod is wigging out and being all weird. Other than those tiny mistakes, anything else that's wrong is just because I'm an idiot. I hope you all have an amazing day!! Bye!

The Princess of Chinaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें