His Funeral

I stood in front of everyone. I looked around and found unfamiliar beings surrounding this funeral, my breath caught inside of my throat. I finally let out a sigh while a sudden fog came pouring out of my mouth. I stared at the frozen breath that flew helplessly in the air, until it disappeared. Everyone eyes were on me, and everyone was in the usual clothes to bear. 

I wore instead jeans and a bright yellow hoodie. I decided to let my hair continue being a mess, because this funeral wasn't going to be something that anyone would forget. 

I stood there, silent and just staring at everyone wearing the blank expressions and black cloaks that stayed still. My eyes glancing over to every single person, I found Gavin wearing a suit, Jessie in a black modest dress while Madison stayed in the back of the crowd wearing a long black gown dress with a hat that covered her face.

Charlotte eye caught mine and she cracked me a smile and I nodded, understanding what I had to do.

I sighed and grabbed out my phone and lightly tapped onto the song which I knew everyone except Charlotte and I would be shock to hear. I brought the volume to explode, and as the lyrics of the song went swiftly walking along, everyone eyes widen in shock.

I cracked a smile and rested my arms on the tall block of wood that separated me almost from everyone. 

"Henry wouldn't want a depressing funeral." I said simply while some people nodded their heads in agreement.

"He would want a funeral in which everyone would be smiling, laughing and dancing." My smile becoming wider now, I saw Charlotte softly giggling to herself while everyone stared at her shock to find her giggling at her younger brother's funeral.

"Thats why I chose this song. That and also how this song was his favorite song of all time." I stared helplessly at everyone, while I turned my head slightly and stared at the coffin which had Henry's body inside.

I walked over to the coffin and looked around, searching for something, anything. Finally something caught my eye, a bright purple flower. I bent down and plucked it from the ground and continued plucking more of the flowers until I got back onto my feet and planted them around Henry.

I then turned around and cracked a silly grin at everyone. "Anyone have anything that Henry could like?" I asked them and soon I saw some people coming up and planting flowers and old candy onto his coffin. The next person who came up was Charlotte, she held onto a few of Henry's video games and books and dropped them gently below him. She stared deeply into her brothers facial features, and a small tear dropped down her cheek as she planted a small kiss on his cheek.

After more people planted flowers, candy and anything they could find that reminded them of Henry. I walked over to his funeral and had a sad smile on my face, when I quickly wiped it off and smile for real.

"Henry, you were just something else." I giggled as I planted a kiss on his lips. I could remember how they felt warm against mine, and how I felt butterflies burst through me.

I turned back around and got back to the block of wood. "Everyone. I would love if you could laugh, smile and dance with Charlotte as I as we sang to the song Happy." 

Everyone stood up and soon as the song erupted through,  and after a few minutes of Charlotte and I burst out into a loud singing moment and screaming out loud, people joined it and danced wildily with us.

"Because I'm happy! Clap along if you know what happiness is to you!" 

"Because I'm happy! Clap along if that what you want to do!"

"Because I'm happy!"

After that song, Charlotte surprised me by playing this one song that Henry used to be in love with. It was called Sooner. As I listened to the lyrics, my heart started beating faster, my face flushed with the shade of tomatoes.