The Meeting

I wanted to dedicate this chapter to four of my newest followers: Sandlilly, Izzyrocks120, xXBeaverBethXx and Chocolaatee. You all are awesome.

Authors note: sorry if the chapter is a bit short.

Emma POV

It has been a trying few weeks. Since I had been immobile for a long time I had very little control of my limbs. The doctors said it helped that Tony, Steve and Nat would exercise my muscles three times a week.

Unfortunately I haven't meet Alex yet. I didn't want him to see me in the hospital bed, I was worried it would scare him. Now that I can walk with a little help Bruce is taking me to the lounge where he usually played.

I walked in and sat on the couch. All of a sudden I heard giggling from the hallway and in ran the cutest little boy I have ever seen. Then the angel spoke. "I won uncle Tony that means you lose." At the moment Tony comes in and tackles the child.

He was so great with him, it makes me wonder why he wasn't a dad yet. Bruce calls them over to us. "Alex there is someone who has been dying to meet you." Alex turns to me, he was looking at me intensely. It was like he was trying to figure something out.

In a voice almost whisper he spoke. "Are you my mommy?" I nod my head not being able to get the words past the lump in my throat. He jumps on me lacing his arms around my neck. "Aunt Nat said that you got hurt and you had to sleep so you could get better. That happens in a story uncle Steve read to me. The princess woke up cause her prince kissed her. Is that what happened mommy? Did daddy kiss you and you woke up."

I looked over to a smirking Bruce. I didn't want to get into a lot of detail so I opted for the simple answer. "Yes honey daddy's kiss woke me up." He smiled seeming to be very pleased with my answer. "Does that mean you and daddy will live happily ever after?"

Before I had a chance to answer Bruce beat me to it. "Not just mommy and I little buddy, you are a part of our happiness so there can't be an ever after without you." It warmed my heart for Bruce to say that, like we truly were a family.

Bruce POV

Leaving Emma and Alex to play I walk over to Tony who is watching the exchange between mother and son."Any word on Thor and Hawkeye?"

He shakes his head. "No but since they have been gone for three months I expect them back soon. They will be surprised to see her up and walking around." I had something I had been meaning to ask. "Tony have you ever put Pepper in harms way unintentionally?" He nodded and I continued. "Does the guilt ever go away?"

His face was sober and he looked like a haunted man. "The guilt will never go away. You just have to look at it this way, if you leave to protect her then you won't be there to protect her when your enemies come for her. Use the guilt, let it keep you vigilant when the danger surrounds her."

I took in every word he said. Absorbing every syllable knowing this wisdom would keep my family safe. "We have a bigger problem Bruce. Fury has been trying to figure out if the test results for Alex was falsified. I have Javis watching there data files and he has reported that Fury is going through it with a fine tooth comb. It might be best to tell him what's going on, he can be trusted. Me might be Shield but he loves Alex and I believe he would protect him."

Tony has been here raising my son. I think that he knows best in this situation. If he wants to bring Fury into this then I must trust him. "Ok I will let Emma know that I will be back in a little and then we will talk to Fury.

Tony POV

We were on the way to Fury's office to let him in on our secret. When we got there I didn't even knock I just went in. "By all means Stark just walk right in like you own the place. Don't let it bother you that it's my office."

I smirked. "Don't worry I won't." He sighed. "What do you two want I have work to do." This time Bruce spoke up. "Is this office secure?" Fury nodded so Bruce continued. "We have it on good authority that you have been looking into Alex's test results." Fury glares at me. "I can only assume you bugged my plane." I smiled. "Of course, if I didn't no one would tell me anything."

Bruce cleared his throat interrupting us. "The reason we are here is to let you in on the big secret." Fury gestures Bruce to continue. "Gamma radiation was found in Alex's system. It is only a small amount and my research concludes that it is no enough for him to turn. Even if he does turn it won't happen till he hits puberty. I don't want my son to become an experiment for Shield."

Fury doesn't respond right away he takes a few minutes to gather his thoughts. "As long as he is not a danger I see no reason to let Shield know of this development. I care for him and since you have learned to control it I will trust you to see that if he does turn that he to can control it." Bruce looked like a weight had been lifted of his shoulder. "Come on Bruce lets go grab a beer."

Please comment and vote if you liked it and want more.