Secrets

Tony POV

It was almost a whisper. "I know who the father is." I looked to Bruce leaning against the wall not sure if I heard him correctly. "How can you know what we have been trying to figure out since the doctor said she was pregnant."

He looked to me, and spoke "Because I was with her, I am the father." I just stood there shocked at what he said. I only became unfrozen when he rushed out of the room. I started to follow him but changed direction. I had to get Steve. I walk in to the lounge and he sit on the couch next to a sleeping alex.

Now that I took the time to really look at him I could see bruce. They had the same chin and nose. They shared the same wavy dark brown hair. Steve smiled up too me. "I think he is all tuckered out." I motioned him to follow me. As we got in the corridor I finally spoke. "Bruce is the father."

He was quiet for a moment. "Tony how is this possible?" I couldn't help myself. "Well Cap if I have to tell you about the birds and bees then we have a problem." He glared at me. "That's not what I meant and you know it." I sighed. "I don't know, I came to get you so we could confront him about it."I started to walk away, I had a feeling I would find bruce where Emma got hurt.

It was two floors from the lab so it only took five minutes to reach him. There he was starting down at the floor lost in thought. He looked up and in his eyes I saw a tortured man. "Bruce how did this happened, according to your files you can't be with someone. It elevates your heart rate causing the hulk to come out." He wouldn't look me in eye.

"We had been working so hard to control the Hulk. I had learned all that I could from Emma so it was decided that we would end our lessons. To celebrate I brought a couple bottles of wine to her room. We were laughing, drinking and having a good old time. I leaned in to kiss her and one thing lead to another. It was the first time that I had any control with him. But soon after that the blast in the lab happen, it was to quick for me to stop him. He took over and I blacked out." I felt bad for him, I know what it is like not to feel in control.

"We didn't know about your progress, that's why director Fury didn't check your DNA. We didn't think it was possible. We still don't know, we will need to run a blood test." He nodded. "Let's do it then, just to make sure. But I am telling you now that I am the only one it could be." We left and headed for the lab. When we got there I took a sample of his blood and put it in the computer. We already had Alex's in the system just in case we need to run it. It took hours for the computer to run the scan.

We all sat there waiting for it to complete. The silences was broken when I heard a beep. "According to this you are a proud papa of a rambunctious four year old." Bruce did not look happy, just scared. I thought he was going to tell us he didn't want him but he surprised us.

"We need to run another scan. We should check for gamma radiation." I never thought to do that but thinking on it now it wasn't a bad idea. I clicked a few keys and another scan was preformed. This one didn't take as long, twenty minutes later it was complete. I motioned Bruce over because he was more of an expert then me.

After reading over it he spoke. "It wasn't as bad as I thought, His levels are not as high as mine. If it becomes an issue it most likely wont happen till he goes through puberty. We need to cover it up, shield can't know about this. I don't want him to be an experiment." I pat him on the shoulder. "I am on it, I will fix the test to read negative." Sometimes it's awesome to be a computer genius. A few minutes later the results came on screen as negative.

I fixed it so that anyone looking it up would only see this. "Now that it's done lets go meet your son." At that Bruce finally smiled but Steve had to ruin it with logic. "Tony it's to late, he has most likely been put to bed. But this brings up a new problem, who is going to tell Natasha?" I smirked. "Well Bruce it was nice knowing you." We all headed to bed but I had a feeling that Bruce won't be sleeping.

The next morning......

I was in the play area with Alex, we were coloring. I heard someone clear there throat behind me. I turned around and there was Bruce. I got up and walked over to him. "You ready to meet your son?" He nodded never taking his eyes off him.

"Alex there is someone I want you to meet." The little tike walks over to us staring up to Bruce. "Alex his is your dad." He smile and ran over to hug his leg. "Hi daddy." Bruce bent down putting his arms around him. "Hello son." I left wanting to give them a moment. I walked in to the kitchen and that's where Fury found me.

"I received an email saying you found Alex's father." I smiled. "As it turns out it was Bruce." He was staring at me most likely trying to figure out if I was lying. "How is that possible, he is unable to have relations." I turned away getting a cup of coffee.

"It seems they had made progress with him right before the blast and one thing lead to another." He rubbed the back of his neck. "If that's the case we will need to check for gamma-" I cut him off. "Already did that, he was clean. We don't have to worry about it." He nodded. "That's good, I am happy to hear that." He walked out the door. I had a feeling he was going to check the results himself. He could look all day if he wanted to, they don't call me a genius for nothing.

Bruce POV

We played for a while. Building blocks, coloring and watching Sponge Bob. I was having so much fun that I didn't hear when someone enter the room. "What are you doing with my nephew?" I looked up and there was Natasha giving me a death glare.

"Hello Natasha, it would best if we talked away from him." She looked towards Alex and nodded her head. "Alex we will be right back." He didn't even turn away from the television. "Ok." Tony met us in the hall and took us to the conference room where Steve was waiting. "I was told Nat was back so Steve thought it would be good for all of us to talk, Bruce go a head and tell her." All eyes were on me.

"I know who Alex's father is, it's me." Nat was quiet for a second the she tried to climb over the desk to get me. Steve quickly grabbed her and forced her to sit down. "Let go of me, I am going to kill him. You had no right to touch her. Especially since you put her in the coma." Steve tried to reason with her.

"Calm down Nat if you kill him it would leave Alex without a father." That seem to do the trick, she stopped fighting him. "Natasha I am sorry about Emma I never meant to hurt her." She glared at me. "Well what happens if you lose your temper, will you hurt him too." I sign. "No I can control it now, I would never hurt my son." I couldn't take it anymore so I walked out. It was useless to talk to her she would always see the bad in me.

Tony POV

"You should give the guy a break. He comes back to find Emma in a coma and a son he didn't know he had." Nat rubs her head. "Why are you taking his side, he defiled my sister." She was starting to piss me off. "Get over it. Emma made her own chose, he told us about it. It just happen so you need to deal with it." That seem to shut her up. "Tony tell her about the gamma." I laid a file I had been holding on the table.

"We ran a test to see if Alex had any radiation in his system. The computer found traces of it in his system. According to Bruce there is little chances of him going green. We are keeping it away from shield so that he doesn't become an experiment." Nat looked through the file them spoke. "That's a good idea, I don't want him treated like a lab rat. Burn this so no one sees it. I am going to go take a nap it's been a long day."

She through the file at me and walked out the door. "Just once I would like to have a non-eventful day around here. Everyone just hanging out, all of us getting along." I lit the file on fire before putting in on a tray. "come Stark you know you love the drama." Steve smirked and at that moment I wish I could have put him back on ice.

Please comment and vote if you liked it and want more.