Hulk

Dedicated to IAmFirestar94 for being an awesome follower

Emma POV

I walked in to the lab abruptly ending what ever conversation Bruce and Tony were having.

"Tony I am bored so I thought I would come and bug you". Tony comes up to giving me a great big bear hug and swing me around. "Emma I haven't seen you in almost a week, how's my favorite shrink, ready to take a look in my head?" "No thank you Tony then I would need therapy" He chuckles.

Fury walks in "What are you doing, Mr. Stark?" "Uh...kind of been wondering the same thing about you." Fury turns to Bruce "You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract." I speak up trying to defuse the situation "They are, the program is narrowing it down now." But of course Tony can't have that "What is phase 2?"

Steve appears through the door holding a weapon "Phase 2 is Shield uses the cube to make weapons." Thor and Nat walks into the lab as Steve, Tony and Banner are accusing Fury of lying to them. Bruce looks at me for the first time since I entered the lab "Did you know about this?" Nat interrupts "You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, Banner?"

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed." Bruce says never breaking eye contact with me. Suddenly they all start talking over each other and arguing but my focus is still on Bruce as he inches closer to the scepter. Fury turns to Nat "Agent Romanoff, would you escort Dr. Banner back to his..." "Where? You're renting my room." "The cell was just..."

"In case you needed to kill me, but you can't! I know, I tried. I got low, I didn't see an end, so I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spit it out. So I moved on, I focused on helping other people. I was good until you dragged me back into this freak show and put everyone here at risk. You wanna know my secret, Dr. Romanoff? You wanna know how I stay calm?" everyone is now looking at Banner with suspicion, Fury unhooks his gun and Steve turns to Bruce "Dr. Banner, put down the scepter." At that same moment the computer shows a signal for locating the Tesseract. Bruce puts down the scepter and walks towards the computer monitor. "Sorry, kids. You don't get to see my party trick after all."

All of sudden a loud explosion can be heard as the ground beneath Bruce, Nat and I opens up. It felt like everything was in slow motion and then we hit the floor below us. Nat leg is trapped but she was alright. I looked to Bruce and notice he is shaking. This experience was to much for him. The hulk is trying to come out. "Please you gotta fight it. This is just what Loki wants." I say hoping to calm him down. Bruce tries to stop the transformation. Nat attempts to help me get through to Bruce "We're gonna be okay. Right? I swear on my life I will get you out of this, you will walk away, and never..." " Your life?" Bruce shouts at Nat losing the battle against the hulk.

He gives me one last sorrow look before he transforms. I look over to Nat "Run, I will try to slow him down" she wants to argue but knows with her hurt leg I have better chance. As I turn away from her I come face to face with the hulk and for once I am terrified. "Bruce you have to come back to me. I don't know why you left this morning but you must care for me as I care you. Please for me you must fight it."

Tears are welling up in my eyes. I was too distracted to see what happen next. Out of no where he grabs my arm and flings me across the room. I ended up hitting a pipe before landing on the floor. There is some kind of warm liquid running down my forehead and a metallic smell in the air. As the world around me starts to go dark I see the Hulk running down the same hallway as Nat did a few moments ago. My last words as I black out was "Bruce....."

Please comment and vote if you like it and want more.