"Annie," he said my name pleadingly, I knew that tone very well, he wanted me to tell him the truth but I wasn't going to, why should I worry him? He had bigger things to worry about, like not dying in the process of becoming a stupid monster.

I went on my tippy toes and wrapped my arms around his shoulders, "Im going to miss you so so much, you have no idea you big idiot" I told him as I hid my face in his chest.

I heard him sigh as he hugged me back "I'll miss you more little sis" he whispered.

"Promise me you wont die," I whispered.

"I promise"

"Promise me you'll learn how to control yourself"

"I promise"

"Promise me you'll be okay Andy" I pulled back and looked at his face.

His sad olive eyes stared into mine and he nodded "I'll be fine Annie, I promise" he told me. I smiled weakly and looked at him one more time, I slowly cupped his face in my hands and sighed, he felt so normal, at just the right temperature, like me. His skin was so soft and warm, I could feel were his light beard was growing were he hadn't shaved, I felt the scar that was just under his chin were he had hit himself when he was little. I felt his imperfections and couldn't help but think of how much I was going to miss this.

"Im going to miss you so much Andy," I said willing myself not to tear up.

He looked at me sadly and took my hand "It'll only be for three weeks maximum" he said.

I sucked in a deep breath, "Yeah..." I said slowly "Only three weeks" I repeated, that hadn't been what I meant, I was going to miss him being a human.

He took my hands and kissed them giving me a smirk "Don't worry, by the time you come back I'll be in perfect control, so perfect that I wont try and eat you" he joked trying to lighten the mood.

Not even his teasing could get me to laugh but I forced a painful smile, "Yeah...you better not eat me" I joked back turning away, he caught my chin and forced me to look at him.

He frowned as he saw my lip and shook his head slowly "Tell me the truth" he whispered.

"Andy," I frowned pulling back "I tripped and fell on my face! What truth do you want me to tell you?" I lied.

"People saw everything Anneliese," he frowned following every movement I made with his eyes.

I held in my breath and hoped mom and dad weren't listening to us, "I know they saw me, they laughed me" I lied more.

"Annie," he said my name sternly, demanding me to tell him the truth, but I didn't want to, I couldn't really, how could I tell him that my boyfriend sometimes hurts me?

"Andy whatever you heard was probably a rumor," I rolled my eyes pretending to look annoyed.

"I hope so," he snapped quickly.

I turned around and eyed him wondering what he would do if I told him the truth, if I showed him the bruises, would he tell dad?

"Andy are you scared?" I asked as I sat down in the middle of my bed.

He stood in front of me and shrugged, "Scared?" he repeated.

"Yes," I said, I hadn't really had the chance to talk to him properly, talking about the subject made it to painful for me, I knew I was running out of time so that's why I had to ask him now.

"Scared of what?" he asked.

"I don't know," I shrugged "Of the pain?"

He smiled slightly and shook his head, "Not really, I think Im more scared of hurting other people than hurting myself" he said.