Are you jealous?

You saw him all the time. In school, around town, and in your mind. The both of you had a huge argument a few weeks ago. You were upset with him because of the way he had been acting. It started out as talking and before you knew it the both of you were yelling at each other.

"Well maybe we shouldn't be together then!"

His words were like a slap to the face. You wanted to cry, but not in front of him.

"Okay then. Bye."

You stormed out of his house.

The both of you hadn't talked since then, you had both been avoiding each other. You tried to get over it. You acted like you were mad but it was really just a mask over the hurt.

~~~

Carl's POV:

God it was killing me to see her everyday. It was all my fault. I was the one acting like such a jerk. I wish I could take it back.

"Well maybe we shouldn't be together then!"

I got so caught up in myself. I wish she was still mine. Wish I hadn't said that.

~~~

Your POV:

At lunch you were sitting at a table reading a book waiting for your friends since they take forever.

"Is the book good?"

Your eyes shifted to Carl. Who was in front of you looking as relaxed as ever.

"Yea it is." Your response was flat.

"Not as good as me though." he said with a mischievous gleam in his eyes.

You just glared at him in response and looked back down at your book.

"Hey look," your gaze lifted to his eyes again, he was serious now, "I'm sorry it went down like that I was a jerk... can we still be friends?"

He had the pleading look in his eyes, the one that made you miss him.

You took a deep breath.

"Well you were a jerk. I kind of was too. But yeah, we can still be friends,"

You exhaled and nervously fidgeted with your hands.

He sent you a sad smile before telling you he'd see you later and he left.

~~~

You flopped onto your bed as your mind buzzed with thoughts of him.

I wished he would have asked me to be his again

~about a week later~

"Carl shut up you got a big head but nothing in it!"

He laughed at your insult towards him and pushed you making you teeter close to falling off the monkey bars the both of you were currently sitting on. You gasped and pushed him back. He fell off and let out a string of curses as you began to laugh uncontrollably. Carl glared at you the entire time.

"Haha soooooo funny."

He made eye contact and all you could do was giggle. He still had that effect on you that made your brain go to mush.

"Y/n" He called your name and you felt a rush of anxiousness because you recognized that he was going to be serious about something.

"Yes Carl?" You jumped off of the monkey bars and walked over to him until you stood facing each of other, the two of you kept eye contact.

"Do you still..." he paused and you noticed he fidgeted with his hands a bit, "..have feelings for me?" You felt yourself blush.

When you didn't respond immediately Carl went on, "I'm sorry. For everything. You were right y/n, and I'm sorry because you were only trying to help me but I was too caught up in myself. But I still have feelings for you. And I want to be with you again."

He had spoken so sincerely he seemed like a different person and it made your feelings about wanting him back gush. You broke eye contact and studied your feet while you thought about how you should respond to him.

"I still have feelings for you too Carl. I always have since the first day I met you. But... you have to show me that you've really changed this time.

"Whatever it takes for you Princess."

Since it was late he walked you home. As you turned to go in the house he pulled you close for a tight hug. You let yourself relax. You could feel his lips at your ear and he whispered, "Thank you for the second chance"

"Don't make me regret it." you mumbled into his shoulder.
~~~
Carl's POV:
I was finally out of fourth hour. I can't stand the class it's so boring. Seriously who cares about what happened to Ancient Rome?? Not me.

I turned the corner looking for (y/n) I always meet her at her locker before lunch. I spotted her, wow she looks amazing.. but.. wait a second. Who the hell is that guy standing next to her?? He got close to her and said something in her ear, she laughed like it was the funniest thing in the world. My grip around my backpack strap tightened. I had to turn away.

~~~
*a few days later*

Your POV:

You hadn't seen Carl for a few days which was odd because he'd usually be by your side. So you decided to go up to his house to see what was up. As you walked up you saw him sitting on the porch looking down at his hands.

"Hey stranger," you smiled at him when he looked up at you but he instead of returning one he frowned and looked back down at his hands.

"Hi," he responded coldly.

"Where've you been?"

"Same as usual."

"Oh cool.."

He looked at you and made a forced smile.

"Okay that's it what's up? Why've you been ignoring me and why are you so cold?"

He stood up and this time his voice was raised just a bit, "Nothing's the matter, can you quit bothering me?, why don't you go bother your new boyfriend?"

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Never mind." He looked down at the ground again. You moved closer to him.

"Are you.. jealous?" You couldn't help yourself it was so cute, you had to laugh.

Now he was looking up at the sky trying not to smile. You grabbed his face in your hands and you kissed him. His body went stiff and rigid, shocked, but it didn't take long for him to melt into you. It was like you guys were there for ages, and at the same time just a moment before-

"YEAH CARL AND (Y/N) ARE BACK ON!!!!," Lip caught you both, and now he was acting like an ecstatic fangirl.

You blushed and laughed laying your head on Carl's shoulder as he wrapped his arms around you.

Carl winked at Lip, "heck yeah we are."