Shot

💙💙💙

You were in your last class of the day staring off into space. Carl hadn't been himself lately with you. He hadn't talked to you in four days and it was stressing you out. Your teacher was trying to explain geometry to the class but your concentration was no where near here. He was driving you crazy he never acted like this.

The two of you weren't dating but had a bit of a thing going on. Your mind kept getting thoughts like,

'What if he's done with me and likes someone else?'

So you decided you were going to go up to him after school and ask him what was going on.

~~~

30 impatient minutes later the bell rang and you bounded out of class looking for Carl. The chilly air gave goosebumps on you skin and you wished you had your jacket. Your eyes scanned over the crowd in your desperate search to find him.

Then you saw him. He was turned around looking at his phone.

"Carl!" You called him. He didn't move.

"Carl!" You called again, louder this time. He lifted his head up. He has heard you, but instead of turning around he ran off.

Why did he run off? Where is he going?

Curiosity got the best of you and you followed him. You kept some distance because you knew he would catch you following him. He walked far near the edge of town before turning into an alleyway. There was a small rundown parking lot behind a closed down factory. A couple of guys stood there hanging around a red car. You hid yourself in the alleyway behind a truck and watched to see what would happen.

Why is he meeting with these people?

They scowled at him and Carl just smirked at them. That smirk always gave butterflies to your stomach whenever it was for you. They began talking about something. You strained to hear but they were too far away and kept their voices down so as not to be heard by authorities.
The conversation went back and forth for a few minutes.

But why was he meeting with these people? They looked like gang members and drug dealers.

I thought Carl was done with these kind of things and people.

The conversation began to turn into an argument. The group stood in a unified front before him. Faster than you could blink the suspected leader pulled out a gun and shot Carl. He yelled in pain and his knees gave out forcing him to fall on the asphalt. You gasped and stumbled backwards as your eyes stung overflowing with tears. The group got in the red car and sped away not noticing you. With shaky legs you ran as fast as they could carry you you ran to his side.

"Oh my gosh... Carl?" You began to sob and tears blurred your vision as you looked down at him. You felt him intertwine his fingers with yours and your breathing began to regulate when he said,
"Im okay (y/n)."

You dialed 911 and waited for the ambulance to come. Your thumb stroked his hand while the both of you kept your hands intertwined. When they arrived they took Carl to the hospital to have an operation and you were left answering questions to the nurse.

~~~

Carl's POV:

When I woke up I was lying in a hospital bed surrounded by my family. The light coming in though the window shades left gloomy light on their tired faces.

"Wha'd I miss?" my words sounded slurry from whatever the hell they use to knock patients out.

-SMACK-

The sting hit instantly and I glared at Fiona. "Thanks for the welcome Fi."

"What did you get yourself into now?!!" Fiona's dark circles practically yelled at me too.

"Chilllaxxxxx sis I was just taking care of some business." I sent her a weak smirk and I could see her defensive guard fall for a second. But only a second.

"Well it better be over with because this kind of end result better not happen again do you understand me??"

"Yes ma'am" I said before I closed my eyes again.

"Why dose Carl get to sleep so much?" Lip's question made me smile. My wound hurt a little bit but the medicine they gave me lessened the pain.

There was a soft knock at the door and I opened my eyes. It was (y/n). My family turned and gave me that look before they got up and said they would come back to visit later.

Her eyes stared into mine.

"How are you feeling?" Her voice asked softly.

"Better now that you're here." I smirked at her and she blushed. She sat on the edge of my bed.

"I was so scared." She stared off into space and I grabbed her hand.

"Why were you there?" I asked. She was there with me when I got shot. I remember her crying over me.

There was a silent pause as she thought before she answered.

"I followed you. I saw you and called you after school but you ran off so I went after you. I wanted to ask you why you hadn't talked to me because I thought you had moved on or found someone else."

I felt bad and guilty for making her feel that worried.

"I didn't. I avoided you because I didn't want to get you caught up in that business because they're bad people."

"Oh..."

"So then do you want to be my girlfriend?" Her head swung around to look at me. A huge smile broke out on her face she nodded.

"Come here." I extended my arms and she laid down with me. It's hard to explain but she gives me a feeling no one else dose. I can never get enough of it.

"Don't get into that kind of business again"

💙💙💙

Hope you guys enjoyed im passing out goodnight ✌️