Rooftops

💙💙💙

You were walking on a stone wall just outside of your school with Carl holding your hand giving you balance. You guys had been dating for a while now, and you honestly hadn't had a more fun relationship in your life. The seasons were changing and the chilly wind made you shiver. You jumped down from the wall, your converse hitting the sidewalk as you walked right next to Carl still holding hands.

"(Y/n)?"

"Hmmm?"

"Let's go somewhere tonight"

"Okay where do you wanna go?" You questioned letting go of his hand and walking backwards in front of him.

"I'll surprise you" he smirked, booping your nose.

~~~

You almost tripped over a crack in the sidewalk due to Carl's sucky leading. He had you blindfolded leading you god knows where at 9 pm in Chicago.

"Carlllll jus-oof!-tell me where we're going already!" You wined for the seventh time.

"Babygirl, those who have patience are rewarded greatly."

"Your point is?" You replied exasperated from tripping on probably every sidewalk crack in the city.

"Shut up, enjoy, and be surprised."

You huffed out, annoyed, really happy and excited that Carl planned something for you. The suspense was killing you, you couldn't stop trying to guess what it was. Your hands were shaking from anticipation. You could hear Carl open a door and you were led up some stairs. Another door was opened and you could feel the chilly wind hit your face and move your hair.

"Ta da.." Carl whispered in your ear taking off your blindfold.

You two were on a rooftop under the starless sky. There was a blanket laid down in the center with a few pillows. He grabbed you hand leading you to the center. But before he could sit down you questioned him.

"Carl where are we?, is this legal? Are we going to get in troub-"

"Shhhhh shhh babygirl..." Carl drew himself closer to you placing his finger on your lips. His eyes were locked with yours. The both of you completely entranced with the other. His hands held the sides of your face as he brought his lips to yours for a light sweet kiss.

"I know how much you like the stars." He said breaking away from the blissful kiss and touching foreheads with you, "You can't really see them here, but well.. I don't know." He finished shrugging his shoulders.

"How sweet of you Gallagher.." you whispered to him, smiling the whole time at his thoughtfulness.

The two of you cuddled looking up at the sky, but not paying much attention to it from the conversation you were having.

"You're getting soft!, you're like the old sponge that I use to wash the dishes! When it's dry it's hard and then when you get it wet it turns soft."

Carl stopped looking at the sky and sent you a quizzical baffled look, "the fuck are you on?"

You broke down laughing the whole time Carl just sat there, staring at you in amusement with his eyebrows raised.

"I swear (y/n) you say the dumbest shit sometimes."

You giggled and cuddled closer to Carl. The night was getting cold and you shivered. Carl wrapped his arms tighter around you as you felt his warmth sinking into you tickling your heart. His nose was nuzzled into your hair as he inhaled and exhaled.

"Babe?"

"Yes Carl?", you crocked your head to look up at him.

"You need a shower."

Your eyes narrowed at him, "Oh my god shut up!" You poked his stomach.

"Oh so you wanna play that game now do you?" He smirked at you and straddled you as he began to tickle you to death.

"C-c-arllllll st-t-oppp!" You screamed at him.

"Hmm I like the sound of you screaming my name." a smug grin coated his face as he looked down at you.

You could barely see with the tears comming out of your eyes and you couldn't stop jerking around violently. Not to mention the uncontrollable laughter.

"S-s-toppp" you said weak from laughing.

"Hmmmmm I'll stop if you say the magic words." He said still looking smug.

"P-plea-s-se?"

"Nooooooo, it's 'Carl is sexy' babygirl."

"C-carl is s-sex-x-y"

"Louder." Carl pushed still looking smug.

"CARL IS SEXY!!!!" You screamed out at the top of your lungs.

A very smug looking Carl got off of you and continued cuddling with you. He kissed your temple and gave you a sweet innocent smile.

"Don't kiss me!" You pouted.

He laughed at you and you glared at him.

"I hate you"

"You love me." Carl said closing the space between the two of you and locking his lips onto yours. The kiss started out tender, with Carl's whispering breaths left on your lips, but the kiss soon quickly escalated. His tongue snaked its way into your mouth making butterflies erupt in the pit of your stomach. You gently bit down on his bottom lip and gingerly dragged away. After a while you pulled away the both of you sucking in the cold Chicago air.

"One day we'll go see the stars" Carl's breath caught in the wind and condensed turning into fog.

You exhaled in Carl's face your warm breath making him flinch but smile as well making you giggle.

"Okay Carl" you whispered in his chest snuggled into his warmth once again.

💙💙💙

I've been listening to Paris by the Chainsmokers on repeat for the past hour.