Getting to the top

Izuku went of his notes on Kirishima mentally, he knew he could take him out with several well aimed punches. His quirk allowed him to harden his skin, but there was a limit to how much damage it could take.  Izuku was going to use that against him, with One for All, he had increased speed and strength. He could deliver a blow before backing up to avoid Kirishima getting in a hit. He smiled, pretty pleased with his plan.

"Midoriya!" Uraraka and Iida came over. 

"Oh, hi guys." He smiled

"Got a plan?" Iida asked

"Of course, I know how to him my opponent hard." Izuku said

"Like you did with Bakugo in the cavalry round, that was brilliant!" Uraraka giggled.

"It did feel good getting him back from when we were younger." Izuku nodded.

"From when you were younger?" Iida repeated.

"Bakugo and I were childhood friends... until his quirk manifested. He became a jerk, and when people believed I was quirkless, he took joy of making sure I knew how useless and worthless I was to the world." Izuku bowed his head, the rest of his class looked at him, luckily for him, Bakugo had gone somewhere. "Then, when Toshichan became my friend and moved to my school, he also became a target. Bakugo literally burnt him at one point that he had to go to the hospital to get it checked out. But, Bakugo's quirk was flashy, ours wasn't, no one cared how he treated us, all the way up into middle school. This is the first place that has ever tried to do something about him."

"wow, we knew he was a jerk, but not that big of a jerk." Kaminari frowned.

"Like I've mentioned before, people have been feeding his ego since his quirk appeared. So, it isn't entirely his fault." Izuku said, before shaking his head. "Well, I should go and wait for my next match." He left his class watching after him.

"Am I the only one worried about how Bakugo still treats Midoriya as if he was quirkless..." Uraraka muttered, but the concerned looks of the whole class spoke volumes on how they felt.

"THE FIRST MATCH OF THE SECOND ROUND. A MATCH BETWEEN TWO CLASS 1-A STUDENTS. MIDORIYA IZUKU VS KIRISHIMA EIJIRO!" Yamada called out, they stood facing each other. "START!" Before Kirishima could act, Izuku ran at him. Izuku's fist connected with the hardened skin of Kirishima's stomach. The force caused both of them to be blown back. Izuku dodged around Kirishima, punching as hard as he could in the weaker areas, he kept a close eye on Kirishima's quirk condition. Once he saw the hardening dispersing, he delivered a final blow, Kirishima grunted as Izuku's connected with his stomach. Before Izuku picked him up and threw him from the field. "MIDORIYA IZUKU WINS!" Izuku jogged over to Kirishima and helped him up.

"You okay?" He asked

"Yeah, man... Great punch. Glad I got to fight you." Kirishima gripped his hand. "You better win the next round too, Midoriya." He grinned. The two of them re-joined their class mates to watched the next three matches. Todoroki won against Iida just using his ice. Hitoshi won against Asui, by grabbing her tongue when she aimed it at him. he threw her out of the ring.  And, as expected, Bakugo won his match against Tokoyami.

"I better get ready for the third round." Izuku smiled, his class wished him luck as he headed down to the waiting room. He was in deep thought, wondering how Todoroki was going to fight. He had only used his ice so far, so Izuku assumed his was still worried about his fire quirk. 

"Hey!" A voice said, Izuku stopped and looked up to see Endeavour. Izuku just looked at him for a moment, analysing the 2nd hero. before frowning.

"I can see why Todoroki doesn't want to be like you." Izuku muttered out loud. Despite being a good hero, that was the only redeeming factor about the man before him.