The Art of Hope (56.1)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Chapter 56.1

_ _ _ _ _

First off, I HATE breaking the chapters up like this, but it is just taking me so long and I hate having to make you all wait. SO here is the first part of chapter 56.

P.S. I am very sorry for the wait. Really, I am. I promise it won't be more than a week again. Promise!

_ _ _ _ _

Eric's POV

The warm breeze from the east warmed my skin with the help of the sun, as the mornings crisp smell woke my senses. Each day drew me nearer to what will be the biggest day of my life - marrying Missy. I was ready to hand over everything, ready to bend over backward, and to promise my life to her. She was my only reason to live. The only reason to wake up in the morning was to see her face - not that a slept every night. Even those sleepless nights where no long restless, thanks to her. I would watch as she slept peacefully in my arms. To me, it was the safest place to have her - far away from the people that bring her pain.

I was aware of soft footstep padding across the patio. There was no use in me turning. I knew it was her. Confirming my thoughts her arms wrapped around my middle and her head rested against my bare back. Shivers of pure pleasure ran throughout me as her warm breath fanned across the skin there. Every touch she administered to me sent my heart into overdrive. So, this is love, I thought happily.

"Did you sleep well?" She asked her voice soft with sleep.

"No, someone drooled on me all night." I teased.

"I did not." I could hear the edge of anger in her voice, but she was still lost in morning sleep to enforce it. And even then, she pulled me closer forcing my smile to stretch even farther across my face. The things she did to me.

"You did, but only a little." A deep sigh fanned from her lips, warming the skin of my back once more.

"Why could you not sleep?" I could hear the muffled worry in her voice.

"I was only thinking. Nothing awful and I didn't say it was a bad night." How could it be? Missy was in my arms the whole time.

"Pinch me." She whispered softly, and curiosity fluttered through my heart.

"What?" I chuckled as she buried her face deeper into my back.

"I have to be dreaming." At that I had to turn and lift her chin up. Her cheeks were lit with a faint pink making her look even more beautiful. My breath caught in my throat for a second.

"You're not dreaming. I'm right here, and I always will be." She smiled while opening her eyes. That's when I saw it - fear. She was scared over something, and I was terrified she would hand over that ring and tell me it was too soon. I tried to fight back the sinking of my heart, but gravity had its way. "Don't be scared." I crocked out.

"How can I not be? I will be Queen soon, and sometimes, when I am with you, I completely forget that there will be people depending on me." Sighing in relief, I pulled her into me. She wasn't scared of being with me, but of ruling.

"Don't be." I whispered, rocking her back and forth with me. My hands felt their way to the small of her back as I pulled her into a slow dance.

Instantly she tensed, took in a tight breath of air, and pulled away slightly. "Not now," She chuckled, "those dance lessons have my butt muscles in a bind."

Not being able to help myself, I chuckled. "Would you like me to work those knots out?" I questioned.

"Maybe that would help." I couldn't help but fall harder for her. She was everything I could ask for. I mean, how many women would ask for an ass rub? Not that it mattered, because Missy did and she practically begged for it.

I let my fingers trail down her back and rest in the dip right before her voluptuous bottom. She couldn't hide the smile from her eyes, even though she tried. I only beamed at her because it wouldn't matter if she let me touch her ass or not, it mattered that she had let me touch her heart.

"I love you." I whispered, because no matter how many times I told her it always felt the same, like floating in a sky of pure joy.

We spoke with our eyes for a moment, not needing words to know what the other was thinking. For us it seemed that those three little words didn't say enough. She could see down to my very soul, and I could care in the least. I loved her and she knew everything about me, so I had nothing to hide.

Breaking our voiceless conversation, I let my hands grasp her ass. It was impossible to stop the moan of delight. Her giggle forced me to chuckle myself as she stood on her tippy toes to wrap her arms around my neck. The action only firming her already perfect bum and again, making me moan.

"I really should go..." She said, nothing in her tone told me she wanted to leave so I continued.

"Can't you cancel?" I begged, wanting her to stay with me.

"We only have a week and five days until the wedding... I don't think Tony and Mike would let my skip this fitting. They want this dress perfect. Plus, we have to talk to Anne while we work on it. She is coming down in five days. Not to mention the fact that we have to work a time in for my bachelorette party. They won't let me do it the night before the wedding because they think it will put bags under my eyes." Her voice had picked up to the speed of sound.

Taking my finger I shushed her. "We will get through this. I'll be with you the whole time. And they're right; it would put bags under your beautiful eyes." I ended it giving her a kiss on the forehead. She visibly relaxed making me proud I had that kind of effect on her.

_ _ _ _ _

I know, short and boring, but I had to get SOMETHING out.