The Art of Hope (7)

Here it is! Oh and just a heads up this one gets I little steamy and sticky (sexual content)! WOOOHOOO! Ha ha I just wanted to have a little fun! He he!

Recap:

"I'm so sorry Missy." I heard a weak voice and looked up to see the King had a tear coming down his cheek. "I hope that you can forgive me for the things I have done to your beautiful mother. Most of all I am sorry for the pain I have put you though. I hope that you can find it I your heart to forgive me."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Jace POV

I had never in my 10 years of knowing and working for the king seen him this upset. I had known that protecting his daughter was a big deal, but I did not know the story behind it. I sat there trying to comfort Missy but she just seemed to push me away. I hated that she was still pissed at me. The King and Missy just gawked at one another. Nothing was said for about ten minutes, and I was not going to break the silence.

I looked over at Missy. She was sitting with her mouth agape and her eyes wide in shock. She did not even seem to be breathing. She had dropped her fork on the table with food still on it. I cursed myself in my head for bringing this up tonight, but what could I do? The truth is the only thing that may lead to her forgiving me.

I reached over to take her hand. This time she did not pull away, yet she did not grasp it. I held it as it lay limp in mine.

The King began to speck in a soft voice. I guess he was trying to keep it calm and less shaky, but he was not doing such a good job. "Missy, I am here because I want you to come home with me. I want you to live in the castle and learn the way of life you should have always known. But," he took in a deep breath "I-if you would like to go on with your life as is and you wish to never see or hear from me again I would completely understand and I will leave you to your life. This is my apology, and the choice is up to you."

Missy seemed to shake herself out of a daze. Looked and her father, to me, and then my hand that was squeezing hers. She pulled her hand away. God, she is so stubborn, I have to admit that it is one of the reasons I am attached to her.

She took in a shaky breath looked the King in the eyes "um, Sir. Are you telling me that I am a" she looked at the table with a look that 5 year olds get when they don't really get something "a-a princess?"

The King stood up. I began to stand, but he motioned for me to sit back down. He stepped over to the side of Missy's chair and crouched down. He looked up at her "Mary Elizabeth you are in line for the throne, but to me you are the daughter that I left. I am not asking you to become the next queen. I am asking you to let me be a father to you." I was in shock, how could he not ask her to take her roll. If she does not our small kingdom will be given over and the power of the Ventura family will be eliminated.

_ _ _ _ _ _

Missy POV

_ _ _ _ _ _

'............asking you to let me be a father to you." I was shocked. I really had no words I could say. I mean I have always wanted a father. But, This, this whole thing was overwhelming. I could not believe how calm I was being. I mean my life just changed in a matter of two mintues. I sat there with my mouth hanging open like I was a freaking retard. Then it hit me HOLY SHIT I AM A FRUCKING PRINCESS!!!

I looked at the King that I just now found out was my long lost father, then I turned to look at Jace and his father. I took a deep breath trying to cage in the anger, hurt, shock, and hate. "I-I. I-I really need some time to think about all this." I stood from my chair "thanks for the dinner."I spoke in a rushed voice and then I walked out of the restaurant. As soon as I hit the doors I ran, ran more, and just kept running. I ran until my feet killed me. Seeing as I was in pumps I did not run very far. I looked around to find that I was in town across from the bar I worked at; in front of the club. I could hear the music thumping as I leaned against the cold brick wall trying to calm myself. How could this be happening to me? Should I be happy? Should I go? What about Katie?