The Art of Hope (9)

Chapter 9

Here we go..........

Jace POV

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I had gotten a call from the King that I was to attend Dinner with him and Missy. I had told him it was not a good idea but I was the only agent that could stay in the room seeing as I knew everything.

I could not be more proud of Missy. She was not running away. I hoped so much that I had something to do with that. I wanted to speak to her to tell her that I was sorry. Tell her I did not think she was becoming a slut, but tonight was her and her Father's night. They needed to work things out.

We arrived at her house to pick her up. The driver went around opening the door.

As the door opened I saw her in all her glory. She was wearing a yellow sun dress. It hugged her curves in exotic ways. Her breasts slightly peeped over the top, which she really could not help, they were just rather large. She walked with powerful stride, her hips swaying seductively from side to side. Her white pumps elongated her legs; what got me the most is she did not even realize how magnificent she really was. I pulled my eyes away. If I looked any longer I would have to take a cold shower.

I had to catch one last glance as she got in. Her face held surprise and sorrow when she was me.

"Missy," the King began "I am so glad you came. Sit across from me so we can talk." He motioned to the seat next to me. I turned my head to look out the window. I could not face her after I practically called her a slut, which she was not.

She sat as far from me as possible; I did not blame her. "I am sorry for running off last night, Sir," She took a breath "I was having a hard time taking the news, It was terribly cowardly of me." I could not help but look at her after that statement. She did not even seem to know I was there.

"Now, Missy. I am your father, not Sir. And as for running off, well, we all do things we regret." His face held sadness. Missy and I both knew what he was talking about. "So, I find it easy to forgive." I could feel the happiness radiate from him. He was so pleased that she had come.

The two chatted about Missy's work, friends, and other sorts of things. I knew that the hard questions would be asked over dinner. With all my heart I hoped that she would make up her mind to come back with us. I don't know if I could stay away from her to tell you the truth.

We made it to the restaurant that the King had booked just for us. I saw her eyes grow wide.

The first half of the meal was quiet. I would glance at her as she ate. A few times I thought she was going to say something, but she closed her mouth again. She was halfway done with her meal when she put down her fork and placed her hands in her lap. I wanted so badly to reach out and hold one, but I knew it was a bad idea.

"I just have some questions I want to ask. So, hypothetically speaking, If I said yes what would I be doing if I moved in with you." Jolts of glee ran through my body threatening to make me jump with joy, but she had not really said yes. The good news was she was thinking about it. I glanced at the King to see the same hope in his eyes.

"Well, for the first few months you would live in the guest wing. There you would learn the ins and outs of the laws, your family history, the makings of becoming a Queen, which is completely up to you, and also have your room in the family wing worked on." He smiled thinking about it.

"Ok..." her voice was soft, like she was in deep thought "What about Katie? And, my best friend is getting married in 2 months; I am her maid of honor so I kind of have to go." She looked up at the King, hope in her eyes that Katie could come. I knew that heartache was about to lay a blanket upon her.

"Well as for your friend, yes you may go to her wedding because at that time not a soul will know that you are the princess." Here it comes I spoke in my head, turning away. I did not want to see her heart break in front of me. "But, Missy," his words sad and caring "You cannot bring your sister she does not have royalty in her blood. For her there is nothing I can do." I heard her take in a sharp breath then hold it there for sometime before letting it go.

"Then," her tone weak but strong at the same time "I am afraid I will have to say no. I am sorry for letting you down, but I cannot let my sister suffer the life I had to." She slowly stood up bowed her head and walked to the door. For the second time I saw Missy walk away from what was rightfully hers. The difference was, this time she was not running but doing the right thing. Her sister needed her.

"I think you should let her bring her sister." I had never taken it upon myself to tell the King what he should do, but this time it was needed.

"And how am I to make that happen." He was angry but the sadness of his daughter walking out on him was stronger.

"You," I put a pause "Are the King. You, can make it happen." He did not speak so I continued. "Missy is not going to go anywhere without her sister. At least let her come visit a week out of the month. You may have known her mother at one time. But, right now her mother is not a person that a three year old child can live with."

With that I stood and walked out of the doors and to the black car that fallowed the King to the dinner and told one of the agents to take over for me.

I spotted Missy sanding with her head down leaned against a building. I began to walk to her. I had to admit I was a little scared of what she would say, but she needed me and I promised I would be there for her.

I stood in front of her. I knew she knew I was there, but I waited until she was ready to talk. She took a deep, calming breath and looked up at me. Her eyes gazed into mine. I could see the tears in her eyes. She was fighting, and fighting hard not to break. "I," she stopped knowing she would break if she continued, and then she began "Jace, I am sorry. I just can't leave her here. I want to make my life better, but not without Katie. She is the only person that I truly love and trust." Ouch that hurt a little. "But, but" She was searching for the right words. "I-, I," still not finding them. "I just don't know what I am going to do. The rent, a new roommate, and fuck I quit, so I have no job." I was shocked and happy. Thank God she had quit.

"Missy," I took her face into my hands. "You did the right thing." Then one single lonely tear ran down her face. I took my thumb and brushed it away.

"Jace, I just want to say thank you. For last night that is, and your right I was acting like a slut." Anger flooded through me, at myself of course.

"No," my words came out hard, and I felt her pull away from me. I held her face still "You. Are. Not. A. Slut. I was wrong and angry and should have never said that." She did not say anything for a long time.

"What am I going to do?" She asked me exploring my eyes.

"You sit tight; I am going to work everything out." I saw her eyes light up with hope. Well, a lot of hope was going around today.

She beamed at me for the first time in a long time. Then she bit her lip and frowned. Over what I did not know and did not care. I leaned in looking at her lips, so full and pink with cherry lip balm. She sucked in air but did not pull away. I closed the space kissing her lightly. Warm vibrations running from my lips to every part of my body I held it there as long as I could. Then I slowly, taking in her taste, ran my tongue across her lips begging for entrance. After running it back she lightly parted her lips. I slid my tongue in and across her teeth. Then our tongues united dancing in her mouth. My hands that once were on her face slid down to her hips. Her hands slid to my neck pulling me close. Every place her skin touched me heat radiated.

"Jace, Um the King is on his way out you may want to break it off." I knew the voice from that agent I had asked to take over from me. I hesitantly pulled away from her.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Ok guys that what I have for Chapter 9! A thanks to my new fans! Loves ya!

Enjoy, vote, comment, and tell a friend! 

Thanks, newhope!