14| You don't remember?

Happiness isn't something you experience;
it's something you remember.

Kathy's POV

I wake up and get ready for the day. I drag myself out of bed and take a shower. After I changed, I decided to keep my hair down.

Outfit:

Today is the day I move into my apartment

Today is the day I move into my apartment. I pack up all of my belongings and bring my suitcases down. I text Cece Anthony's address and wait for her to arrive.

My Bitch 😍❤️:

I'm on my way!

Drive safe!

I hear Anthony walking in my direction and cover myself in a blanket. I lie flat on the couch and wait for him to continue walking. Why are you acting like this? This is my first time seeing him after he confessed his feelings for me. Aren't you going to tell him how you feel?

I hear him walking, but then suddenly, he stops. He grabs the blanket and pulls it off.

I look at him and say, "Hi..."

"What are you doing?" He asks, holding in a laugh.

"I found an apartment, and they said I can move in today," I say.

He hesitantly smiles and says, "Congrats! I didn't know you already found one."

"You don't remember?" I ask. "Wait, do you remember anything from yesterday?" I ask, worried.

"When I woke up, I saw your note saying I was high. Which probably explains the brownie I ate. But that was pretty much all I remember. Why? Did I say anything wrong?" He asks, searching my eyes.

I frown but quickly force a smile on. "Oh no! Nothing important, I guess..." Ouch... So he doesn't actually like you?

I hear a honk outside and say, "That's probably Cece. I should get going..." I walk towards the front door to grab my bags. "Thanks for everything," I say, hugging him.

He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer. For a second, I had hoped that maybe he did have feelings for me.

I pull away, and he says, "See you around, Sunshine."

I laugh at the nickname and say, "See you." He unlocks the door for me, and I start walking towards Cece's car. I can feel tears forming, but I try holding them in.

It's fine. He probably would have never liked me for real. I guess... I'm sorry for all those things I said. I really thought he liked you. Me too, brain, me too... I open Cece's trunk and put my stuff in. Then I walk around, open the door, and get in.

"Hey..." I say, buckling up.

"What's wrong?" She asks, worried. While we're on our way to my apartment, I explain yesterday's events.

She parks and says, "I'm so sorry. But you're going to get through this, okay? Let's go clubbing tonight!"

"I was looking for more Netflix and eating my feelings kind of thing..." I say, unsure.

"We can do that after we go to the club. Let's put our fake IDs to good use. We can also celebrate you getting your first apartment." She says.

"Okay..." I say. I should celebrate! Who cares about Anthony anyway? You.

We walk into the building and get into the elevator. I press my floor number and say, "There's even a guest room if you ever want to sleep over!"

"Yes! I'm so excited!" She says, stepping out of the elevator. I lead her to my apartment and then unlock the door.

"Here's the kitchen," I say, pointing in one direction. "Over there are the two bedrooms with bathrooms," I say. "Then this is the living room."

"This looks amazing!" She says excitedly.

"Thanks! You're welcome here anytime!" I say.

I set down my things, and Cece helps me unpack.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

While Cece was ordering a pizza, I decided to sit on the couch. When she's done calling, she sits beside me.

She admires my record player and says, "The quality is way better than your old one."

I smile and say, "Dan got it for me as a going away and birthday present."

"Do you miss street fighting?" She asks.

"I miss the adrenaline I get when the crowd cheers for me. But I don't miss depending on that gig for money. Now that I'm away from Samuel, I don't have to worry too much." I say.

Lilac sympathetically nods and gives me a side hug. "I do plan on getting a job during college. It's nice to make money in a not-sketchy way." I say, laughing.

She half-heartedly laughs and says, "I'm happy you don't have to get hurt anymore. I always felt like I could have done more for you."

"Hey, you're my best friend. You were there for me even when you didn't realize it." I say sincerely.

"I love you." She says, gently hugging me.

Soon the pizza is delivered, and we eat at the kitchen counter. "Wow, I think I'm gonna turn in for the night after this," I say, chewing on my pizza.

Cece rolls her eyes and says, "Don't think I forgot about going to the club. We're doing at least one shot."

"I don't understand how you like alcohol," I say, shaking my head. "I don't think I'm fully healed," I say, using my last excuse.

"Liar." She says, seeing right through me. I sigh and move to get ready. This is going to be a long night.

<~~~~~~~~~~>

Please vote and comment if you liked it!

Byeeeeeeeeee! 👋