Sixteen

Henry's POV :

No no no no, this can't be happening.

I turned to Greta angrily who had a smug expression on her face. She kissed me! I didn't kiss back, I was going to push her off me but Emma caught us. Why must my luck be so bad?

"You liked it, I was thinking, saturday–"

"No! You ruined the best thing I ever had in my life! You're such a bitch and lets get one thing straight, I don't like you, and I will never like you!" I yelled and stormed of to my home.

Emma didn't mean that did she? She doesn't hate me right? Who am I kidding? Of course she does.

I fought my tears back, why did I want to cry? Boys don't cry, that's what my dad always told me anyway.

I reached home and my aunt was sleeping so I went into my room. Of course Greta had to ruin everything. I found myself trashing my room, why was I doing this? Because I could take out nu anger in objects.

I felt something wet roll down my cheek, why was I crying over a girl? Emma wasn't a normal girl, she was special, I got into my bed and through the covers over my head.

I realised something I should've realised before, I was in love with her. Everyday I fell deeper into her trap, but it was a good trap, because I would be able to have her around me.

But I can't fall In love with her, love makes people weak. That's what my dad said, and she won't talk to me anymore. Why does she have to be so perfect?

⋘⋙

"Henry? What happened?!" I woke up to the sound of aunt Claire yelling.

"are you OK?!" she asked and I tiredly nodded.

"what happened?" she asked and I remembered the events if last night. It wasn't just a nightmare, it was real. I felt my heart plummet as I frowned.

"You don't need to tell me, just clean your room and if you want you can sleep in." she told me.

"ok, love you." I mumbled and threw the  blankets over my head, I'll clean my room later.

⋘⋙

"Henry! A friend of yours is here! " My aunt yelled as I finished cleaning my room.

Thinking, and hoping, it was Emma, I rushed downstairs but only met with her brunette friend that she hangs out with.

"why don't you go to your room, she says she needs to tell you something important." My aunt explains and once her back is turned, Emma's friend glared deadly at me.

What did she want?

We went to my room and once I closed the door, she turned and looked at me.

"What do you want?"

"why did you- whoa you look like shit!" she scoffed and rolled my eyes, usually I would hit her for saying that but realizing she was really close with Emma I didn't. I did probably look like shit though, my hair was messed up and I was tired wwith bags umder
My eyes.

" Just tell me what you want." I spat, and she crossed her arms, "why did you cheat on Emma? Well technically you didn't cheat but you know what I mean!"

I clenched my fists and glared at her." I didn't cheat, Gretta kissed me!" I said angrily and she scoffed.

"yeah and you hurt her, do you know how heartbroken she is Bowers?" she asked and I looked down.

"I don't know what to do.."

"You are going to fix it and give me my best friend back." she hissed and left.

⋘⋙

I found her, she avoided me for the past two days but I finally found her in the park with the brunette friend I forgot the name of.

I rushed toward them and her friend noticed me first, seeing my pleading look ( which was very rare ) she moved away from Emma.

Emma didn't notice me yet and once she did, it was too late because I holding her wrist.

"let go of me Henry." she said and looked straight into my eyes with her beautiful blue ones.

She was still so beautiful, " your not going to listen to me if I do let go, so no." I said and she scoffed in disbelief.

"I didn't kiss her. "

"oh! So your lips just found their way on Greta's without thinking?" she said sarcastically.

"She kissed me," I tried to explain but she didn't listen.

"stop waisting your time, we have no reason to be arguing since you just kissed another girl just like you just kissed me."

"listen-"

"it's not like you cheated so stop acting as if we were together while it happened. You really hurt me Henry but I not stopping you if you want to be with Gretta, so just stay away from me." she told me and each word hurt me more than the last.

"hey Emma, I got us ice cream." her friend yelled and Emma released herself form my grasp and went to her.

Why won't she let me explain properly?