The door suddenly opened and Hermione said "About t-!"

She stopped suddenly, coming face-to-face with Dumbledore. 

"Good afternoon,"He said pleasantly. 

"We-er- we wanted to see Hagrid."

"Yes, I surmised as much. Why don't you come in?" He said, eyes twinkling. 

"Oh... um... okay," She said quietly.

As we entered the cabin, Fang came barreling towards Harry and I. I scratched behind his ears before looking up at Hagrid. 

He was sitting at his table. His blotchy face, swollen eyes, and sad look made my heart ache. 

"Hi, Hagrid," Harry said.

Hagrid looked up, "'Lo."

"More tea, I think," Dumbledore said, closing the door and making a tea tray appear with his wand. 

We all sat down and after a pause Dumbledore spoke again, "Did you by any chance hear what Miss Granger was shouting, Hagrid?" 

Hermione went pink but Dumbledore continued with a smile, "Hermione, Harry, Ron, and Y/n still want to know you, judging by the way they were attempting to break down the door."

"Of course we do, Hagrid!" I gasped.

"Of course we still want to know you!" Harry shouted, "You don't think anything that Skeeter cow- sorry, Professor," He added quickly.

"I have gone temporarily deaf and haven't any idea what you said, Harry," Dumbledore twiddled his thumbs, staring at the ceiling. 

"Er- right. I just meant- Hagrid, how could you think we'd care what that-"

"Snake? Daft cow? Worthless nutter with no soul?" I guessed. "I'm not very sorry, professor." I added, looking at the headmaster.

"Still deaf, Miss L/n." Dumbledore said, still looking up at the ceiling with a small smile on his face.

"-woman- wrote about you?" Harry finished.

Two fat tears slowly rolled down Hagrid's face and my heart broke again. 

"Living proof of what I've been telling you, Hagrid. I have shown you the letters from the countless parents who remember you from their own days here, telling me in no uncertain terms that if I sacked you, they would have something to say about it-"

"Not all of 'em. Not all of 'em wan' me ter stay." Hagrid said in a hoarse voice. 

"Really, Hagrid, if you are holding out for universal popularity, I'm afraid you will be in this cabin for a very long time. Not a week has passed since I became Headmaster of the school when I haven't had at least one owl complaining about the way I run it. But what should I do? Barricade myself in my study and refuse to talk to anybody?"

"Yeh- yeh're not half-giant!" Hagrid croaked.

"Hagrid, look what I've got for relatives! Look at the Dursleys!" Harry fumed.

"An excellent point. My own brother, Aberforth, was prosecuted for practicing inappropriate charms on a goat. It was all over the papers, but did Aberforth hide? No, he did not! He held his head high and went about his business as usual! Of course, I'm not entirely sure he can read, so that may not have been bravery..." Dumbledore pondered.

"What did he do to the goat?" I asked.

Dumbledore smiled faintly, "He tried a very difficult charm, used to keep a goat's horns 'curly and clean', as he called it. It went sour quickly and multiple Aurors were a bit shocked to find a four headed goat running through town. Although the horns on each head were quite curly and clean...."

"Come back and teach, Hagrid," Hermione whispered, "please come back, we really miss you."

Hagrid gulped as more tears fell down his face.

Dumbledore stood, "I refuse to accept your resignation, Hagrid, and I expect you back at work on Monday. You will join me for breakfast at eight-thirty in the Great Hall. No excuses. Good afternoon to you all."

Dumbledore left the cabin, but not before stopping to scratch Fang's ears.

Hagrid began to sob and Harry awkwardly patted his arm.

"Great man, Dumbledore... Great man...." He mumbled.

"Hagrid, we really do miss you, and need you to come back. I didn't break Lucian Bole's nose for nothing," I sighed.

He looked up, "Yeh broke 'is nose? Why?"

"That's not important," I said quickly. "What's important is you coming back."

Hagrid sniffed again, "Okay."

I grinned, "Oh, thank you, Hagrid! I've got to go finish up an essay for Ancient Ruins, but I'll see you soon. You have no idea how much we missed you!"

He gave a small, watery smile before I stood and left. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I entered the common room and saw a ginger standing with his back turned to me. Taking a flying leap, I jumped onto his back. He stumbled a bit before trying to turn and see his attacker. 

"He's coming back! He's coming back! Hagrid is!" I shouted, struggling to not fall and gripping Fred's neck tightly.

George stood up from the couch, "Really? What'd you say to him?"

"Dumbledore convinced him to come back! Hermione, Ron, Harry, and I just helped!" 

"That's great! Could you get off now?" Fred gasped, his fingers tapping my arms. He turned his back towards the couch and threw me off. I landed on the soft cushions before jumping up again. Lee laughed at my wild hair from where he was sitting near the fire.

"This is great! And Harry's says he's gotten the egg figured out! Oh, everything seems to be going alright now," I said happily. 

"We'll see how he does in a few days, but I've a feeling he's gonna be fine," Lee assured.

A/N: Another chapter! I can't believe how many reads and likes this book has gotten! I love you guys so much and if you have any suggestions or comments on anything, feel free to say something. Seriously, I appreciate you guys more than you know! Happy Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it)! See you next Wednesday, lovelies.